Labor Day Weekend, Who's Smokin? - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #11
Saint O'Que
 
BluzQue's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,415
Some Smokin' & Some Grill'in.... St. Louis Style Spares, Pork Loin, Grilled Pork Chops, Deep Fried Cajun Seasoned Catfish Fillets, and gotsta have some Dogs! Hope Ms Bluzue comes thru with all the sides the next few days

Oh yeah & plenty ice cold adult beverages

__________________

__________________
" A Touch of Hickory * A Taste of the Blues "
Good Music * Good Food * Good Beer * Great Friends

WEBER PERFORMER GRILL
WHISKEY BARREL SMOKER
OLE BOY OFFSET SMOKER
10% FINISHED CABINET SMOKER BUILD
BluzQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
God O'Que
 
Toby Keil's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 2,666
Re: Labor Day Weekend, Who's Smokin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby keil
Anyone plan on smoking over the Labor Day weekend and if so, Whatchya going to smoke? I think I'm going to do a 7.5 pound pork butt and possibly a brisket if I can find one on Saturday then on Sunday smoke two halved chickens and some other goodies I can find.
So the Brisket packer I found was 14lbs and I'm not sure it will fit on the WSM, any ideas? I'm cooking the pork butt on the bottom rack.
__________________

__________________
WSM, Chaney, Genesis 1000 Gas, Go-Anywhere Gas, Smokey Joe
Toby Keil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #13
Cooker
 
Tony M's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 209
Will be smoking pastrami and a butt for pulled pork. Was thinking about throwing another build-your-own pizza party (which usually turns into an all you can drink beerfest and hottest wing competition)

Will also be heading out to the Nugget Best of the West rib cookoff! ( http://nuggetribcookoff.com ) Will bring my video camera. Expecting 500,000 people this year over a the few days of competition.
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Pigs On The Wing BBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Akron New York
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M
Will be smoking pastrami and a butt for pulled pork. Was thinking about throwing another build-your-own pizza party (which usually turns into an all you can drink beerfest and hottest wing competition)

Will also be heading out to the Nugget Best of the West rib cookoff! ( http://nuggetribcookoff.com ) Will bring my video camera. Expecting 500,000 people this year over a the few days of competition.
Now that sound's like fun. We do the hottest wing thing every now and then, but it has gotten out of control. Guys are extracting pepper oil and I think I'd like battery acid on a wing now. Some of the stuff they come up with will blow your head clean off. No crackers or milk allowed.

Pigs
__________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,
you've got it made. -Groucho Marx (1890-1977)
www.oinktoberfest.com
Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Tomorrow is just your future yesterday
Pigs On The Wing BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Puff's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Mi.
Posts: 12,331
Bones on Monday and after reading what Bruce was cooking there will be moinkballs too.
BW I hope you don't blow a circuit whilst praying.
__________________
Pitboss/ Sous Chef/ Manager at Holiday Market Smokehouse
Royal Oak Mi.
Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #16
Baby Back
 
andy_christy's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 69
Country style ribs Saturday. Sunday heading to Morris, IL for annual cookout.
__________________
Thanks, Andy
Avacado Kamado
Big Red Kamado Kooker
CG w/SFB
GOSM w/SFB
andy_christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #17
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
bigwheel's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 9,951
Thanks Puff. That usually the Debil behind the inopprotune circuit breaker popping episodes I think. May wait till Monday to do the butts. I still aint decided yet. I dont like making decisions.

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
Bones on Monday and after reading what Bruce was cooking there will be moinkballs too.
BW I hope you don't blow a circuit whilst praying.
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #18
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Puff's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Mi.
Posts: 12,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Thanks Puff. That usually the Debil behind the inopprotune circuit breaker popping episodes I think. May wait till Monday to do the butts. I still aint decided yet. I dont like making decisions.

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
Bones on Monday and after reading what Bruce was cooking there will be moinkballs too.
BW I hope you don't blow a circuit whilst praying.
For safteys sake I'd fire them up Sunday night and have a fine breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday. I'm kinda' dissappointed at the the no KFC slaw protest though.
__________________
Pitboss/ Sous Chef/ Manager at Holiday Market Smokehouse
Royal Oak Mi.
Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #19
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
bigwheel's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 9,951
Well yeppers...must admit I am married to a yankee from up around Gainesville. That make a parrell line which go off to the right purty close to Noo Yawk City I would suspect.

bigwheel
__________________

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.