Labor Day Weekend, Who's Smokin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
Anyone plan on smoking over the Labor Day weekend and if so, Whatchya going to smoke? I think I'm going to do a 7.5 pound pork butt and possibly a brisket if I can find one on Saturday then on Sunday smoke two halved chickens and some other goodies I can find.

Two butts Sunday I think. Smallish six pounders. Guess we will skip the KFC Coleslaw since the Warden say she don't want no cabbage on her sandwich. May get brave enough to start it before Church then recheck it when I get back around 1 PM's. That would be about 4 hours alone. I'm sorta skerred about it. I think it would most likely be just fine unless it pop the circuit breaker or something exotic like that. I go to both Services Plust Sunday School ya know?

bigwheel

Ive got 3 pork shoulders and 8 racks - o - ribz for a pick up! Some of the pork will be mine though! :D

Ribs, chicken and moinkballs on Sunday then two chuck roasts on Monday for some pulled beef.

Bro Jack and I are going to cook the whole weekend.
Friday night. Ribs, mack and cheese, pinto's, salad.
Saturday,
Eggs, sausage, ham and toast.
Dogs, burgers, tater salad, squash. for lunch.
chuck and what ever left overs for supper.
Sunday is a free for all, what ever shows up will get cooked. :LOL:
We have the old gas range, 2 WSMs a 22 1/2 kettle, turkey fryer, plus the whole hog pit. Think the blender is in for a work out too. ;) :LOL:

Pigs

john pen said:
Pigs...sounds like a good weekend..Im guessing at camp ?
Yes, we are thinking about a limit of 100 people for the weekend till the last party of the year in October. 3 bands Fri, Sat, Sun, Hope the five O don't show like they did at the July blow out. :LOL:

Pigs

Some Smokin' & Some Grill'in.... St. Louis Style Spares, Pork Loin, Grilled Pork Chops, Deep Fried Cajun Seasoned Catfish Fillets, and gotsta have some Dogs! Hope Ms Bluzue comes thru with all the sides the next few days :roll:

Oh yeah & plenty ice cold adult beverages :LOL:

:D 8) :D

Toby keil said:
Anyone plan on smoking over the Labor Day weekend and if so, Whatchya going to smoke? I think I'm going to do a 7.5 pound pork butt and possibly a brisket if I can find one on Saturday then on Sunday smoke two halved chickens and some other goodies I can find.

So the Brisket packer I found was 14lbs and I'm not sure it will fit on the WSM, any ideas? I'm cooking the pork butt on the bottom rack.

Will be smoking pastrami and a butt for pulled pork. Was thinking about throwing another build-your-own pizza party (which usually turns into an all you can drink beerfest and hottest wing competition)

Will also be heading out to the Nugget Best of the West rib cookoff! ( http://nuggetribcookoff.com ) Will bring my video camera. Expecting 500,000 people this year over a the few days of competition.

Tony M said:
Will be smoking pastrami and a butt for pulled pork. Was thinking about throwing another build-your-own pizza party (which usually turns into an all you can drink beerfest and hottest wing competition)

Will also be heading out to the Nugget Best of the West rib cookoff! ( http://nuggetribcookoff.com ) Will bring my video camera. Expecting 500,000 people this year over a the few days of competition.
Now that sound's like fun. We do the hottest wing thing every now and then, but it has gotten out of control. Guys are extracting pepper oil and I think I'd like battery acid on a wing now. :LOL: Some of the stuff they come up with will blow your head clean off. No crackers or milk allowed. :LOL:

Pigs

Bones on Monday and after reading what Bruce was cooking there will be moinkballs too. 8)
BW I hope you don't blow a circuit whilst praying.

Thanks Puff. That usually the Debil behind the inopprotune circuit breaker popping episodes I think. May wait till Monday to do the butts. I still aint decided yet. I dont like making decisions.

bigwheel

Puff said:
Bones on Monday and after reading what Bruce was cooking there will be moinkballs too. 8)

bigwheel said:
Thanks Puff. That usually the Debil behind the inopprotune circuit breaker popping episodes I think. May wait till Monday to do the butts. I still aint decided yet. I dont like making decisions.

bigwheel

Puff said:
For safteys sake I'd fire them up Sunday night and have a fine breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday. I'm kinda' dissappointed at the the no KFC slaw protest though.

Well yeppers...must admit I am married to a yankee from up around Gainesville. That make a parrell line which go off to the right purty close to Noo Yawk City I would suspect.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom