Labor Day Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Here are some of the six racks of ribs I did yesterday; 3 spares and 3 loin backs. Used 2 chunks of pecan and 2 chunks of apple wood wth Royal Oak Lump. Minion Method with about 15 Kingsford Briquettes.

Used 3 different rubs; Wolfe Rub, Texas BBQ #1, Billy Bones Dry Rub
Used 2 sauces; BoneSuckin' Thick Style, Brownberry Cherry BBQ

Spares went on top grate at 11:30am, baby backs on bottom grate at 1:30pm both were done at 5:45pm.

That's what restaurants promise you, but (in my experience) never deliver.
[smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Bruce B said:
Here are some of the six racks of ribs I did yesterday; 3 spares and 3 loin backs. Used 2 chunks of pecan and 2 chunks of apple wood wth Royal Oak Lump. Minion Method with about 15 Kingsford Briquettes.

Nice looking ribs there Bruce, I will be doing BBQ chicken halves for my wife and I today on the smoker , goona use my Wolf rub and some homeaide mustard BQQ sauce.

Finney said:
Talk to us about the results of the different rubs and sauces.

Well Finney, I paired the Wolfe Rub with Bone Suckin and the Cherry BBQ Sauce and it was very good. The Texas Rub with the Bone Suckin was good but it didn't do it for me as much as it did with the Cherry Sauce.

Both lacked some heat. I had some rib tips that I cooked on the kettle using some Wolfe Rub Bold and Cherry BBQ Sauce that were really good. Initial sweetness from the sauce with very moderate amount of heat at the back end. Which is exactly what I'm trying to find.

Time for one or two more cooks before OinkFest to fine tune it a little more. Very happy with the smokiness from the pecan and apple.

Back
Top Bottom