Kurobuta rib cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crtnations

Assistant Cook
We cooked a couple racks of kurobuta spares. The texture and tenderness put them over the top for me. We paid 28.00 for two racks 4.49 a pound. Anybody else try these, and what did you think?Was it worth the extra money?

The bottom two are the kurobuta, a little darker than I like but had a great flavor.

Cooked a Berkshire hog for a wedding last summer. That is one pricey pig. :shock:
Bones looked great. Looks like your helper done good! :)

Must be one of the Heritage or Heirloom types maybe. That is popular in tomatoes nowadays I think. Heard a bit about it but not much. I know from 4 H there is bacon hawgs and ham hawgs. Bacon was the trend in the eighties..not sure nowadays. Know pork dont taste as good as it used to taste..but then neither does chickens or cows. I think this might be some kinda commie plot perhaps.

Well see I was born on Thursday...but not last Thursday. I am totally right and yall are wrong as usual. Joe Ames lectured me relentlessly about why most of any kind of meat taste bland these days. They slaughter them way too young..and they are trying to compete pork with chicken and el gato as the other white meat...so they raise them way to lean. FAT IS WHERE THE FLAVOR IS AT...lol. That tidbit imprinted on my brain for some reason. Old Joe cut his teeth as a cookie in the Navy. Twenty years I think. We love you Joe..Salud.

One rack was blues hog rub and sauce. Half original and half honey mustard. One was butt rub and home made sauce. They liked the blues hog.

I used a kubota backhoe once to dig a hole. Didn't know you could eat them.... Looking good!

Back
Top Bottom