Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'm goin over to Chicago tomorrow and there's a kitchen outlet store in Anglola off the Toll Road. They have great prices on both Henkle and Wusthoff knives. I bet I'll buy one! ;)

I just picked up a global meat cleaver. It's a fantastic tool. Great feel and balance. Cuts through bone like a hot knife through butter. Great for chopping up chickens for chicken soup!

Woodman said:
Well, we certainly will be the best "outfitted" guys at this summer's comps Kloset!

Thats for sure Woody! Don't think anyone will be reaching in for any free samples without asking!

Also got to add that generally I don't like to bring my best (most expensive) knives to the comps. That being said I've got to add that the Forschner knives are excellent and less than half the price of my Henckels.
Excellent value! I can't say enough good things about my Forschner 14" granton slicer for brisket

Kloset

You've got a 14" slicer!! I bought a Messermeier 12" at Redneck's urging. It is a good piece of steel! Also have a Wusthoff 10" as well for those smaller competition briskets! Woody

Looks like we're set on brisket knives.

Although................NO such thing as too many knives.

Kloset

I have some Henkel's, Dexter-Russell's, Wustoff's, a Warther, and the ones I like the best are Forschner.
Here's my new ones...

12 inch Granton Edge Curved Cimeter and 10 inch Chefs knife

G, I've got a set of those too! You certainly can't complain about em for the price! The steak knives and the cleaver alone are worth it! Welcome to the forum!

Back
Top Bottom