Kingsford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bring Back The OLD Kingsford

I DO NOT like the new kingsford. It burns too quick and produces too much ash. My local smoke store talked about lump charcoal instead. I have never used it before but I am interested. Few things I know is that it burns hotter. Would you set up your WSM the same when using lump when compared to the kingsford? For longer smokes would you still fill up the entire chamber and use the Minion Method?? Thanks for the info.

Re: Bring Back The OLD Kingsford

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
I DO NOT like the new kingsford. It burns too quick and produces too much ash. My local smoke store talked about lump charcoal instead. I have never used it before but I am interested. Few things I know is that it burns hotter. Would you set up your WSM the same when using lump when compared to the kingsford? For longer smokes would you still fill up the entire chamber and use the Minion Method?? Thanks for the info.

As far as burning hotter, it will only do so if you let it. Control your air and you will have no trouble controling the heat.

ScottyDaQ said:
I'm seeing more availability of the Kingsford w/ Mesquite.

I haven't tried it yet. .... For grilling ... maybe?
I've tried it.
There is a slight hint of Mesquite, not as strong as plain Mesquite wood.
It's not bad, I used it for grilling.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, I keep hearing people say they don't like this or that about the new Kingsford. Had they not put a new package around the newly shaped briquettes nobody would be able to tell a difference! I can not tell one bit of difference in burn time, heat, ash or taste with the new vs. old. Both the new and the old produce too much ash, but who cares, it's good for the garden! That's my .02.

Larry Wolfe said:
BLAH BLAH BLAH, I keep hearing people say they don't like this or that about the new Kingsford. Had they not put a new package around the newly shaped briquettes nobody would be able to tell a difference! I can not tell one bit of difference in burn time, heat, ash or taste with the new vs. old. Both the new and the old produce too much ash, but who cares, it's good for the garden! That's my .02.
The ash is good for the garden?

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:

I dunno, but that's what I tell my wife! :-$

Larry Wolfe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1jl0gysp]BLAH BLAH BLAH, I keep hearing people say they don't like this or that about the new Kingsford. Had they not put a new package around the newly shaped briquettes nobody would be able to tell a difference! I can not tell one bit of difference in burn time, heat, ash or taste with the new vs. old. Both the new and the old produce too much ash, but who cares, it's good for the garden! That's my .02.

I dunno, but that's what I tell my wife! :-$[/quote:1jl0gysp]
My grandma used to put fish or coffee grounds 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
But remember... you're a dumb-ass. :)
But I still loves ya. :hug:

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:

Dumbass I may be.....but if I recall correctly I used the new and you used the old last weekend in MB and we both added more coals at right about the same time and our cooks were pretty much identical.

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1zn08gvq]BLAH BLAH BLAH, I keep hearing people say they don't like this or that about the new Kingsford. Had they not put a new package around the newly shaped briquettes nobody would be able to tell a difference! I can not tell one bit of difference in burn time, heat, ash or taste with the new vs. old. Both the new and the old produce too much ash, but who cares, it's good for the garden! That's my .02.

Dumbass I may be.....but if I recall correctly I used the new and you used the old last weekend in MB and we both added more coals at right about the same time and our cooks were pretty much identical.[/quote:1zn08gvq]
Ah... now the stories come out :!: :pop:

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1qrr8cws]BLAH BLAH BLAH, I keep hearing people say they don't like this or that about the new Kingsford. Had they not put a new package around the newly shaped briquettes nobody would be able to tell a difference! I can not tell one bit of difference in burn time, heat, ash or taste with the new vs. old. Both the new and the old produce too much ash, but who cares, it's good for the garden! That's my .02.

Dumbass I may be.....but if I recall correctly I used the new and you used the old last weekend in MB and we both added more coals at right about the same time and our cooks were pretty much identical.[/quote:1qrr8cws]
I added a bunch in the one that was taking all the wind. Hey... come to think of it... I started with coals from your bag. Damn new Kingford. :evillaugh:

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":27bbti5s]BLAH BLAH BLAH, I keep hearing people say they don't like this or that about the new Kingsford. Had they not put a new package around the newly shaped briquettes nobody would be able to tell a difference! I can not tell one bit of difference in burn time, heat, ash or taste with the new vs. old. Both the new and the old produce too much ash, but who cares, it's good for the garden! That's my .02.

Dumbass I may be.....but if I recall correctly I used the new and you used the old last weekend in MB and we both added more coals at right about the same time and our cooks were pretty much identical.
I added a bunch in the one that was taking all the wind. Hey... come to think of it... I started with coals from your bag. Damn new Kingford. :evillaugh:[/quote:27bbti5s]

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3bkc3glq]
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3bkc3glq]BLAH BLAH BLAH, I keep hearing people say they don't like this or that about the new Kingsford. Had they not put a new package around the newly shaped briquettes nobody would be able to tell a difference! I can not tell one bit of difference in burn time, heat, ash or taste with the new vs. old. Both the new and the old produce too much ash, but who cares, it's good for the garden! That's my .02.

I added a bunch in the one that was taking all the wind. Hey... come to think of it... I started with coals from your bag. Damn new Kingford. :evillaugh:[/quote:3bkc3glq]

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:[/quote:3bkc3glq]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3fj5vu9n]
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3fj5vu9n]BLAH BLAH BLAH, I keep hearing people say they don't like this or that about the new Kingsford. Had they not put a new package around the newly shaped briquettes nobody would be able to tell a difference! I can not tell one bit of difference in burn time, heat, ash or taste with the new vs. old. Both the new and the old produce too much ash, but who cares, it's good for the garden! That's my .02.

I added a bunch in the one that was taking all the wind. Hey... come to think of it... I started with coals from your bag. Damn new Kingford. :evillaugh:[/quote:3fj5vu9n]

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:[/quote:3fj5vu9n]

I don't know about that. There is a lot of fillers and stuff in there, isn't there? I'd bet the ash from lump would be good though.

Back
Top Bottom