Keeping ribs overnight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DarylCincy

Senior Cook
wrap in plastic wrap or big ziplock and refridgerate, next day warm in oven if you can. I do this if I will eat them in a day or two if longer I put them in the freezer.

I would cook them as late as feasible Sat night..then wrap them hot in foil and pack them tight with folded up newspapers top and bottom in the well worn empty ice chest phrase. Keep it in a warm spot and dont peek. They be falling off the bone and still too hot to handle time you get around to serving them on Sat. No reheat needed. A thick Styro ice chest as comes from Omaha steaks works much mo betta than some kinda high dollar plastic or metal model. No reheat needed. Tape around the seam of the icechest with duct tape if you got some. Try not to use an icechest a lot mo bigga than the volume of the ribs. Academy Sports sells a nice size thick styro chest for about ten bucks in case you dont know any rich folks who buy stuff from Omaha steaks. Simple huh?

bigwheel

Most likely..if they was cooked in foil to start with..but thats how folks like em. In Texas contest cooking if an old widder lady cant eat em without putting in her teeth they too tough. Now if a smart person cook em meat side down and nekked and dont mess with em till they get done..they be just right.

bigwheel

Wrap in saran wrap and chill overnight. Slice in the morning, put in 1 gal ziplock bag (leave a small part unzipped to vent), and microwave at med heat for bout 1.1/2 min then flip and do the same thing. Don't COOK them, just heat 'em. Place in a 1/2 size foil pan arranged neatly, double foil to keep 'em warm, wrap in sumtin that will insulate and head fer yur friends house. They will think they just came off the smoker.
Guaranteed.
dj

You can if you vacuum seal 'em and have faith that there are no leaks...
dj

bknox said:
I like DJ's solution. Can you do this without a microwave? Could you reheat by putting the bags in simmering water?

I tried the simmering water reheat a hundred times on such stuff as bag sucked chili..dirty rice..gumbo etc. and neva had a single good espurience that I can recall. Either the bag busts or I think its warm enough but it aint..course there aint no way to know for sure till you take it outta the bag..and then if it aint you cant very well put it back in the bag and continueth. Now I hear of folks who use the method with obviously good results..I just apparently aint one of em.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom