Just Purchased a New Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jvreeland said:
After 1000 Miles up to Winston-Salem, NC and back to Birmingham we got the smoker!! We cleaned it last night and got er all seasoned and fired it up today with some Ribs and a Picnic.

The grill was built by "Bill The Grill Guy" back in 2004. We purchased it from a good friend of his (Charlie from Screamin Nite Hog).

Its a great step up for us for competitions and catering. We have a few mods we are going to make to it but nothing drastic (tuning plates, another shelf, and a wood basket.

I never thought I would be so happy to get a great smoker like this but I am just absolutely ecstatic about it.

If you have any specific questions on it, let me know.

You got a very nice smoker. I've seen it cook a couple of times, and it appeared to be very easy to maintain the temperature - and Charlie has turned out a lot of excellent bbq with it. (I'm not sure I ever saw it that clean, though. :D ) It keeps moving farther south, for some reason...

Congrats on the acquisition!! Mighty fine looking spares too. Dont find many around here which looks that meaty. Also appears to have been cooked by somebody who had a clue and a nice cooking pit:)

bigwheel

Nice pit... I've seen that pit cook for quite a while now... I am sure Bill TGG is shedding a tear right now as his pit is being passed to another owner......

I still say someoe needs to take a grinder to the back of that thing........

Sniff, sniff, sniff. It's like seeing one of your kids move away from the house and just send post cards now and then.

Congrats on your purchase. She has a good home and I am glad your not getting rid of the signature. Just remember to keep her warm and fed and she will treat you right.

Congratulations on the pit. You sure came close to me. I'm about 50 miles from Winston-Salem.

I have plenty of relatives in Birmingham. The ones I actually visit live in Argo (with a Trussville) address.

cleglue said:
Congratulations on the pit. You sure came close to me. I'm about 50 miles from Winston-Salem.

I have plenty of relatives in Birmingham. The ones I actually visit live in Argo (with a Trussville) address.
Pretty area near Trussville. I took the family up to Gadsden 2 years ago. Nice Q Joints there and Cat Fish :P :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom