Just checking in after our KC trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a great time in KC. We hit several BBQ places and I discovered some interesting things about KC. I would say the highlight of our trip was Danny Edwards.

We got to meet Danny himself...Eric interviewed him while I ran the video camera. His BBQ is the best I've ever eaten at a restaurant.

One interesting thing I learned eating my way through KC was that it is almost universal that they do not make their own potato salad. I love some nice homemade potato salad. As soon as I see a plate with store bought potato salad...It is an uphill battle for me.

We also hit Super Smokers in St. Louis...not quite as good as I remembered. We also had Oklahoma Joes...My chicken was salty and dry. We loved the BBQ store tho and Eric came home with three boxes full of goodies.

By far the friendliest folks we met were Phil and Linda at Smoking Guns. We talked to them for at least an hour...both on our way there and on the way back. Their BBQ was amazing...all their trophies made me jealous...but above all they are the nicest people you ever would meet. If I go back to KC...the first place I will head to is Smoking Guns.

If I ever get a chance through a job transfer to move to KC...I would be very happy. It is cheap to live there...and there is a comp every weekend!

Back
Top Bottom