Jerky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
No, not Puff! I made alttle batch today for my son when he comes home next weekend. Started off making Stogies recipe. Just the smell of it in the bag will make your mouth water. Anyhow, I only had 24 hours to marinate it. Took the electric smoker out of the shed this morning and fired it up. It hasn't been used since last fall sometime. Well low and behold the %$@#%^ thing won't heat up. Must have burnt out the element. So, I fired up the WSM and off I went.

Stogie, this is without a doubt, the best jerky I have ever tasted! I have a few more pieces left on the WSM that have a bit more to go!

Once again, you'd think a recipe would be included...Im gonna start a new mantra...No recipe=no cook :roll:

john pen said:
Once again, you'd think a recipe would be included...Im gonna start a new mantra...No recipe=no cook :roll:

How about we start the "no bringy beer, no drinky mantra" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This thread inspired me to take out a couple of roasts from the freezer and make some jerky this week. Good looking stuff there. ;)

Nick the first sentence in your post was a low blow. :cry:
I feel the only way to make me feel better is some jerky mailed to my house. :D
Looks great bud. ;)

john pen said:
Look here http://www.thebbqguru.net/jerkypage.htm

bigwheel said:
Now how do a person get them square grates in a WSM? :LOL:

bigwheel

It wasn't easy! LOL

Bill The Grill Guy said:
This thread inspired me to take out a couple of roasts from the freezer and make some jerky this week. Good looking stuff there. ;)

Try this http://www.thebbqguru.net/jerkypage.htm

Puff said:
Nick the first sentence in your post was a low blow. :cry:
I feel the only way to make me feel better is some jerky mailed to my house. :D
Looks great bud. ;)

May be next time, this is for my son! ;)

Back
Top Bottom