Its a small world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
My Captain's son is in the Cub Scouts and last night was their anual banquet dinner. We got to go as a Engine Company and to my surprise John Atkins of Pigs on the Run competition team was doing the meat.

He did Pork Loin and chicken. It was a treat to eat someone elses BBQ. After cooking all day the last thing I want to do is eat.

Nice job John.

It depends on what you would consider to be "small" , you see the world is actually over 24,000 miles in diameter, mow if you were say 17,280,000 miles tall, the world would indeed seem small, like .01" to you now. But, to us "regular people" it really is........HUGE!!!!!! :shock:

wittdog said:
That's cool...so how was the grub?

It was good. I think the chicken was on the money. The pork was a tad dry for me. I like brinning my loins. Sure does help in the moister department. All the sides were passing dishes. Some great, and some not. BUT thats the way passing dishes go.

Woodman said:
It depends on what you would consider to be "small" , you see the world is actually over 24,000 miles in diameter, mow if you were say 17,280,000 miles tall, the world would indeed seem small, like .01" to you now. But, to us "regular people" it really is........HUGE!!!!!! :shock:

You need a NAP!

Hoss's BBQ said:
How has john been? It must have been fun to watch him cooking did you try to help?

Well well well, look what the cat dragged in. How ya been Hoss?

Nope, didnt have to offer my help. We got there at serving time and got a call as we were finishing up our plates. We did get the left overs sent over to the fire house. We are having smoked chicken and loin for dinner ;) .

Well, if you are in Tucson, be certain to go to El Charro and get the Carne Seca plate! One of my favorite cities and one of my favorite restaraunts! My dad lives in the Santa Catalina foothills and I get there at least once a year. Jane, who occasionally posts here, is also out there. Woody

Hoss,
Did the cat really drag you in. They ain't big fans of cats here :LOL:

BTTG,
The ability to cause a fire is inversely proportional to the desire to start one...kinda of like getting pregent :shock:

DATsBBQ said:
Hoss,
Did the cat really drag you in. They ain't big fans of cats here :LOL:

BTTG,
The ability to cause a fire is inversely proportional to the desire to start one...kinda of like getting pregent
:shock:

Kinda lost me there buddy. [smilie=a_hrm.gif] [smilie=a_whyme.gif] :scratch

Well to show you how small it really is, this moring I got a PM from a member on this board wanting to know if I knew an "Inken Prochilo" from Northport. She had just won an auction from him on ebay. Well it was my wife, now thats a small world!

Glad you liked it! ALso, try Caruso's for great Italian. Another great Mex joint is El Minuto near downtown.

Nick Prochilo said:
Well to show you how small it really is, this moring I got a PM from a member on this board wanting to know if I knew an "Inken Prochilo" from Northport. She had just won an auction from him on ebay. Well it was my wife, now thats a small world!

Your wife's name is Inken? :shock:

Hoss's BBQ said:
Have the BGE in the back of my buddy's expedidtion(also a chef).

Does the chef complain and try and get out and run away? Or do you have the chef well trained? :LOL:

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1e3lc1n8]Well to show you how small it really is, this moring I got a PM from a member on this board wanting to know if I knew an "Inken Prochilo" from Northport. She had just won an auction from him on ebay. Well it was my wife, now thats a small world!

Your wife's name is Inken? :shock:[/quote:1e3lc1n8]

Yeah, straight off the banana boat from Germany!

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":dv9yifk1]Well to show you how small it really is, this moring I got a PM from a member on this board wanting to know if I knew an "Inken Prochilo" from Northport. She had just won an auction from him on ebay. Well it was my wife, now thats a small world!

Your wife's name is Inken? :shock:[/quote:dv9yifk1]
And what is she selling?

Woodman said:

Are your ears pointed or what ??? :LOL:

Thanks Bill

I am glad you guys could get the left overs. I appreciate what you guys do. You have to stop by when I get my new trailer and cooker.
john

Back
Top Bottom