It Just Goes To Show Ya...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm going to have to rework my Santa letter for next year.
Congrats to both of you. You should have a " First Cook Party."

The foodsaver is great, but the extra bag's? Over here the machine is available but the extra bag's, they are hard to find and a substitute is available but without the inside "ribs"... (is that explanation making sense?)
It'll seal, but it dosn't vacume as well.

Frankvw said:
The foodsaver is great, but the extra bag's? Over here the machine is available but the extra bag's, they are hard to find and a substitute is available but without the inside "ribs"... (is that explanation making sense?)
It'll seal, but it dosn't vacume as well.

Bags and rolls are at most major stores - WalMart and larger groceries. Could you buy them on line? Here is a link to them at Amazon.UK http://tinyurl.com/ycoyrnz

bbquzz said:
While not a WSM or a Genesis I felt pretty lucky, my kids took care of me, FoodSaver and a grill basket.

You can buy the bags direct. Sears also sells the bags for their machine that will work on Foodsaver but those bags suck. Let me know how that basket thing works. I saw them at WilliamsSonoma but thought they might be a bitch to clean.

Used it for the first time tonight on some smoked turkey ... really sucks the the air out of those bags. I do think I will like it. I think next on my wish list will be a freezer.

Well, seeing all these new toys must have twisted something inside.

Been talking about it long enough. Went out and bought me a WSM this afternoon. A little Christmas present to myself.
Guy was so happy to see a sale, he gave me a deal on a Weber Smokie Joe as well.

Got lots of relatives coming over this weekend. Boy, are they in for a treat.

" Sweetiee...we got a new toy

Cheers :D :D :D
Cramden

PS thanks to all for the excellent advice.

Cramden said:
Well, seeing all these new toys must have twisted something inside.

Been talking about it long enough. Went out and bought me a WSM this afternoon. A little Christmas present to myself.
Guy was so happy to see a sale, he gave me a deal on a Weber Smokie Joe as well.

Got lots of relatives coming over this weekend. Boy, are they in for a treat.

" Sweetiee...we got a new toy

Cheers :D :D :D
Cramden

PS thanks to all for the excellent advice.
And thats how it starts...next thing you know....a food saver is on the way, then a thermapen, and a Maverick ET 73 :D :D

Wittdog, maybe you could do a BBQ Starter pack with a WSM, FoodSaver, Thermapen a Maverick ET 73 and a couple book. We're all going to go there sooner or later ... and beyond :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom