It all worked out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
I was thinking of smoking a butt tomorrow (Monday) and leave the WSM unattended while I was at work. Most of you said I shouldn't. I agreed after reading ya'll replies. So I decided to smoke the butt yesterday. I'm glad I did because my mom and brother came in a day early and the butt was already done resting in the refrigerator. We made sandwiches tonight. And my brother had just a plate of outside meat (bark) as it is called in Birmingham.

It tasted good. I had chopped pork, dill pickle, and a little homemade BBQ sauce on my sandwich. I put a few pieces of bark on the side. We still have plenty in a zip lock bag I'm sure we'll be making lunches out of it this week.

Finney,
I understand about the sauce. I'm from New Orleans and my mom's from Birmingham so that is the kind of sauce I was raised on and I do like it. It is funny you should mention the sauce because I was letting my mom taste a few of the many sauces I have. The one on the sandwich was actually her late brother-in-law's recipe who passed away in 1975. The other one was Texasbbqrub sauce recipe I found on that site she like it but alittle sweet. I let here taste Rev. Marvin's BBQ sauce (hot) she liked it. And finally some NC red pepper sauce. She liked it when I told her to just dip some white bread in it. All in all we like BBQ.

cleglue said:
Finney,
I understand about the sauce. I'm from New Orleans and my mom's from Birmingham so that is the kind of sauce I was raised on and I do like it. It is funny you should mention the sauce because I was letting my mom taste a few of the many sauces I have. The one on the sandwich was actually her late brother-in-law's recipe who passed away in 1975. The other one was Texasbbqrub sauce recipe I found on that site she like it but alittle sweet. I let here taste Rev. Marvin's BBQ sauce (hot) she liked it. And finally some NC red pepper sauce. She liked it when I told her to just dip some white bread in it. All in all we like BBQ.

I'm with you buddy. I haven't ever disliked a style of BBQ. I have, however, disliked bad BBQ. It's all good.... as long as it's good. :!:

Finney said:
cleglue said:
Finney,

I'm with you buddy. I haven't ever disliked a style of BBQ. I have, however, disliked bad BBQ. It's all good.... as long as it's good. :!:

I found some bad BBQ this weekend!!

Craig the BBQ looked great, glad it turned out good for ya!

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
cleglue said:
Finney,

I found some bad BBQ this weekend!!

Craig the BBQ looked great, glad it turned out good for ya!

I heard. 8-[

Back
Top Bottom