Is this a good deal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A show of hands, please. How many here started with an ECB or other cheap bullet-style smoker, then (after much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth) switched to a WSM and never looked back? (Sound: "Whoosh" of wind caused by the rapid raising of thousands of hands.)

Now, how many had a WSM, but didn't like it and switched to an ECB or other cheap bullet-style smoker? (Off stage: sound of crickets chirping in an otherwise totally silent landscape.)

I rest my case. :)

Its not a bad price, but I had a Brinkman and put it away after trying to mess with the temp. I bought a WSM and love to dook on it. Put in the extra money for the WSM.

You guys are gonna kill me but I got a brinkman at wal-mart for $28.
I just want something cheap for my first try at smoking.
I'm going to try it tomorrow with some babybacks. I'll post the results...good or bad.

Eric, I started out with a Brinkman like that one. Like everyone else has said they are hard to control the temps. There are a few posts about modifications to them that may help.

I have built 3 offset smokers and now own 2 WSM's and love them. WHEN you decide to get rid of the Brinkman and get a WSM keep the grates and pans from the Brinkman. The grates work great for doing beef jerky on the WSM's. Good investment for the grates and pans.

Erik, you can make great Q on it, and while learning, you'll understand
WSM's more when eventually get one. It's good to learn some things
the hard way, and I believe bbq is one of those.

Captain Morgan said:
Erik, you can make great Q on it, and while learning, you'll understand
WSM's more when eventually get one. It's good to learn some things
the hard way, and I believe bbq is one of those

Yep!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom