Introducing!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Al

Senior Cook
Well it's been a long time coming, but my prize winning sauce is now available. It has been a lot of work from modifying recipes to building a website. And a lot more money than I ever thought I would spend to sell bbq sauce. In the end it is very gatifying.

Here's a link to my new website, take a look and let me know what you think. I am not posting this to sell sauce, I just want some feedback on the site.

Al

Thanks Greg. Hey now don't get me wrong....If ya wanna buy some sauce that would be fantastic and I promise I won't do any shameless hawking like you know who!LOL

~spit coffee laughing.
How about a Raffle!

Site and sauce looks great man. Good luck!

peace
lol

Uncle Al said:
Thanks Greg. Hey now don't get me wrong....If ya wanna buy some sauce that would be fantastic and I promise I won't do any shameless hawking like you know who!LOL

Well in that case I'm not going to "Hawk" your delicious sauces and rubs like I had planned on doing! I guess I'm just gonna have to buy some more of your sauces and rubs (once they're on the market) since I've tried them before and I know they're good! I hate "Hawkers", we just need to look out for one another and worry less about ourselves!

Site and bottle design looks awesome Al! Good luck in your endeavour and I agree, it costs ALOT more to get things up and running than people anticipate when they jump into producing their products. I'm gonna place an order before the weekend is over!

Cappy,

Yes they are, but...you can add some apple cider vinegar and some red pepper flakes to the Original Sin BBQ sauce and have a really nice sweet / hot vinegar style sauce. I will be adding a sauce like that to the line-up as well as a jalapeno mustard sauce.

Larry,

I said that I wouldn't do any shameless hawking but you, my friend, can Hawk all day long if it means that people will buy some of my award winning, velvety smooth, wicked good, sweet but not too sweet, quantity discounted, free shipped (if you spend $75) FORK 'N HALO BBQ SAUCE.
Did I mention award winning?? It came in 3rd in the sauce contest!!!!!!
Should have been 1st

Al

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Uncle Al":jo0mwsry]Thank you all for the positive comments. Puff is right It really is good stuff!

Al
Who's horn is that I hear?? :LOL:[/quote:jo0mwsry]
Oh hush, Larry, and announce a super-duper Holiday sale. ;)

--John 8)

I will look with a slightly more critical view of the actual design if you like.

The paragraphs are too long, even the one on the home page.

If you want everything to be read from end to end, consider breaking them into fresh paragraphs every two or three lines, chunks of text bigger than that don't get read by the majority of web users.

Think about setting either CSS rules or use the HTML tags to take care of the majority of the spaghetti code that you editor that was used generates. The cleaner code would then be much better and usable to multiple browsers and have greater accessibility for all web users especially those with poor sight.

There are no Doctype, and there are numerous errors in compilation that make it less accessible to a greater number of users.

Here is how I would break up the home page for example: -
FORK 'N HALO sauces are all natural and 100% fat free. They don't contain any MSG, artificial ingredients or any of that high fructose corn syrup stuff.
We even use evaporated cane juice instead of processed refined sugar.

All of the sauces are made with the freshest ingredients, gathered from all around the world.

The flavors are truly unique.

Try ORIGINAL SIN for a sauce that's sweet, but not too sweet, with a devilish touch of heat and a hint of apple.

If you really like that "cooked over a wood fire, bbq flavor", try HEAVENLY HICKORY. Its smoky sweet taste and velvety smooth texture will make your taste buds smile.

Then there's FIRE & BRIMSTONE, this sauce has a big, bold bbq flavor plus imported piri-piri peppers and fresh habaneras adding real bbq heat.

We guarantee that after one taste of FORK 'N HALO sauce you'll be puttin' it on your fingers just to lick it off!!

We offer quantity discounts on all our products and free shipping for all orders over $75.

As you can see it is now much easier to read each paragraph and not get lost somewhere in the middle of it.

There are a multitude of other accessibility errors that could be taken care of, tags and end tags that would improve the overall validation of the site as a whole.

On the recipe page, you have different symbols for things like 1/3 and if you were to use them it would give you greater consistency across the site as a whole. You might also think about going back to a font that is the sans serif font family, for the larger sections of text, this makes them easier to read by the majority of readers.

The other thought would be to either link from a list of recipes at the top of the recipe page to each individual recipe with internal links in the HTML document, and then put in links back to the top of the page to save your readers from scrolling too far.

These thoughts and comments are not meant to detract from the site, but are there for your consideration and education in the ways of some code freaks.

If you want a more detailed breakdown of the code, email me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom