Insanely Cheap Knives with Killer Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have recently stumbled upon some seriously intriguing and below dirt cheap knives that I thought I'd share. Reading the praises in culinary circles and reviews like this one have made me order a couple.

They are from Kiwi and I spent $10.90 (yes, total, including shipping) on the 11" blunt "meat knife" and the paring knife. Of course I'll post a review after I get them and use them for a while.

You can get them online here.

Just spreadin' the love,
John

P.S. Here is another interesting testimonial.

Nick Prochilo said:
PatioDaddio said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3msjnb7e]want to hear your review
You won't be able to hear it -- just read it. :D

John

You could make a video. Or maybe Greg will have you on one of his famous podcasts![/quote:3msjnb7e]

Uh Nick, I have already had John on a handful of times...

I'm going to check the Asian markets around here for them. I think they would make great camp/outdoor knives...like the reviewer used.

UPDATE:
Found 4 of the knives at the local Thai Market. Picked up a non-Kiwi, heavy weighted cleaver too. Has a full tang handle to boot.

John A. said:
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered two 11" a a paring knife.
No problem. Mine should arrive today, so I'll report back with a first impression.

John

I got my Kiwi knives yesterday (great service from The Wok Shop, by the way). Man, these things give a whole new meaning to "scary sharp". They are basically razor blades with handles.

KiwiKnives_1_1.jpg

I'll put them through a quick trial and post a review this weekend.

John

P.S. I apologize for the craptastic picture.

There's a little asian market near my house so I went in today and picked up one of the 11". Haven't used it yet but I'll second the razor comment.

Maybe Devils advocate here but those things look like cheap thin "made in china" knives? No offense Dadio. Id like to hear the review...Ihope you prove me wrong! db

Back
Top Bottom