Injecting Chicken thighs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all kinds of stuff greg, fruit juice, chicken stock, woos for poultry.

very little stuff stays in, it doesn't spread evenly, and most is
just too strong.

they marinade nicely..what would you hope to achive injecting over marinating them for 5 or 6 hours ?

Just thought of trying something different...however, I am just going to do them regular...got them in a pan in the refridge with some EVOO and well doused in Klose's Poultry rub for a change! :D

I always brine chicken. Comes out very plump and juicy. I rub it down very well seasoned and under the skin as well, let it sit about 20 minutes or so as I clean up and disinfect the sink wash up etc, then toss them in a brine with salt water and ice at least a few hours, or overnight. When it is time to cook them, I use the brine water to wash off the excess rub. It looks like they are not rubbed at all when they go on the heat, but they are always moist, plump and packed with flavor when cooked. Good Luck.

Greg Rempe said:
Just thought of trying something different...however, I am just going to do them regular...got them in a pan in the refridge with some EVOO and well doused in Klose's Poultry rub for a change! :D

Very good stuff when used in combo.

Greg, what are you injecting for?? Flavor?? Moisture???

Would haave been for both...just din't feel like brining and wanted to try something different...however, in the end, I overcooked the chicken any way...so while the color was great it was a little dry'ish!

However, the ribs were the best I have done so far...So, I was happy with that...the chicken was just cooked to use up some room... :D

Injecting Chicken Thighs et al

Greg, I don't know if you know it or not but in the time just prior to his death Joe Ames and I became pretty good buddies so I spent some time discussing his FAB products (which we started to sell) and the use / etc. of them. His suggestion for chicken parts was to soak / marinate in the FAB-C in the frig for min 4 hours. ...and if possible, to "massage" them once in a while. He also suggested this technique (marinating) for ribs using FAB-P. I haven't had a chance to try either of these but have used the FAB-B and FAB-P for Brisket and Pork butts and it really does the job! You may want to try it sometime ....if I get a chance I'll try on chicken parts and report.

Fred B. / SGP

Thanks for the info, Fred...might have to look in to that FAB stuff...thought it was more for the competition guys vs. the backyard q'ers and grillers...but maybe I am mistaken! :D

It is more for the competition guys than the backyard folks. Reason.....cost. I've noticed that the cost of the FAB Products have skyrocked recently. My last purchase of Fab P was over $19/lb. Don't think too many people will be willing to fork out that kind of cash for something that costs significantly more than the meat that they are trying to enhance.

Just did a quick check at the Ingredient Store. They are running a sale on FAB C. MSRP $24.95/lb currently offering a 20% discount of $19.95/lb. You get a price break if you buy 5 lbs - 18.95. Price dorps to $17.96/lb for purchases between 10 and 49 lbs. Purchase 50 lbs or more and the price drops to $12.97/lb. Expensive stuff!

http://store.theingredientstore.com/fab-c.aspx

Back
Top Bottom