Inaugural Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
I will be cooking on the new pit for the first time tomorrow. Greg, Uncle Bubba, and Kloset BBQ'er are coming over with beverages. Temp raw at 52 with rain and wind! EZ UP in place with 75 lbs of weight on each leg! We're having ribs done a couple of ways. I'm going to try to eliminate the foiling process. It is a hassle and it tends to make ribs "too" done. Also, I have a 4 lb "competition " size brisket, some chicken thighs (brined ), and some Slovacek's Jalapeno sausage BBQ 101 bought me in Tejas. Wrap those in a tortilla with some Texas Pepper Jelly!!!!! WhooooooWEEEE! Beans and potatoes done in the pit as well. Just finished a couple of gallons of sauce. All these schmoes have to do is show up with some beer and eat! I Love It! Hope somebody has a camera! Woodman

Damn it! Now, I gotta go git some PP outta da freeza!!! Y'all have a good time now... Only gonna git to the 40's over here..... Now, if'n Greg don't bring a camera wit 'em, let loose wit dat club!! :razz:

Sounds like a good time!! :(

Shawn White said:
too bad .. it's gonna be a balmy 72F with no winds for my cook tomorrow

:grin:

enjoy, WoodSmoker and guests, have a great one!
=D>

Yeah Bill, it is going to be cold, but I figure I had better get used to cooking on in really foul weather! If you are in a comp, of on a job, you have to carry on you know? I'm certain that between KLoset and Greg, we will have pictures by tomorrow night! You oughtta come down and do one with us!? Woody

I'm sure you guys will do fine. I'll make it over some time but I'm a fair weather cooker! :eek: Spent too many years in Florida. My blood is thickening up though.. :eek: :razz:

Up at 6:00 am! Getting ready to fire her up! Not windy now. Could they have been wrong? A little rain though. Need coffee!

Kloset showed right while I was firing it up! Brought donuts too! We're having coffee and cooking bacon on the pit right now. Come over anytime Greg! We'll be eating all day! No rain now. No wind either.More later. Woody

Woodman said:
Kloset showed right while I was firing it up! Brought donuts too! We're having coffee and cooking bacon on the pit right now. Come over anytime Greg! We'll be eating all day! No rain now. No wind either.More later. Woody

Wood...I'll be over 'round noon fifteen or so...Becky works until noonish...I got my camera and extra batteries just in case. Also, I'll be bringing a surpise for you and Kloset and Bubbs...wait and see!! If I didn't have these damn kids I'd be over there freeing with the two of you! #-o

I'll be the guy that shows in the the bbq-4-u gear! Probably the only one with gear in this group...not the board but our little function today! :!:

Did Kloset bring his camera?

Woodster,

I can smell that bacon up here, the aroma is wafting across Lake Erie. Good luck with the cook, looking forward to the pics.

Wish I was there.

I can't believe how wacky the weather is this year. You guys are cold and rainey. Yesterday (4-29) we set an all time high for the month of April -- 72*. First time we've EVER had a 70* day in April in Anchorage.

However, having had some personal experience with cool weather cooks, I find less beer and more whiskey works just fine. Have fun guys and post some pic.

Griff

Well they're gone and I have enough food for all of you still! Did ribs in two different styles:

1) Texas BBQ Rub on whole spares -no foil. Finish with Texas Passion and BBQ Sauce Melange.

2) Trimmed St Louis Style with Salt, Pepper , and garlic. No foil. No sauce. These were just to get a base to work with. I wanted to taste the flavor of the wood and meat. Also, it is very economical!

Some Jalapeno Sausages, Chicken thighs. beans , baked potatoes. Beer.
Greg took some pictures but he had to leave to go shopping with his wi-fe" :) The pit was like cooking on the best gas grill you could imagine! I'm gonna go eat a chicken thigh. WM

Awesome Woody! :( Sounds like a great time!

Woodman said:
The pit was like cooking on the best gas grill you could imagine!
Don't tell TexLaw!! :eek:

Texas Hottie II's Debutante Party

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of being a guest at Woodman's house for the lanching of Texas Hottie II, a truly beautiful Kose mobile pit. I now understand why Woodman was sleeping with her in Texas last week. Woody cooked up some truly outstanding ribs (I think we all agreed we liked the second batch best) and Greg brought pit warming gifts of Reverend Marvins Mustard Based BBQ sauce, really good stuff that we enjoyed on our Sausages Woody brought back from Texas.

The weather was cold and damp, but we were spared from the heavy rains that were predicted. Got to meet Woody's new pooch Barclay, a very cute, cudly bundle of energy.

Despite the bad weather Texas Hottie II held consistant temperatures all day and was very fuel efficient too thanks to the insulated firebox. We were all envious of Woody and TH2. While we were drooling and eating, Uncle Bubba was checking out the pit, asking questions, and planning his next pit (a mobile that he promises will top TH2). It looks like the mobile pit wars have begun in norheastern Ohio.

Many thanks again to Woody and his lovely wife Laura for having us as guests in their home yesterday. Lookout Michigan here we come!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom