I'm off work and I'm cooking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate to admit it Greg, but Larry is making sense, those juices will be cooked way longer then they ever would be if they stayed in the chicken.

I hate when that happens.

I still wouldn't do it, but that's just me.

Again...I just remeber hearing something about it but I cannot recite the exact text. I'm sure its fine and I didn't mean to cause any undo second guessing!

By the way...I love chicken quraters!! Looks great, Larry!! :(

Bruce B said:
I hate to admit it Greg, but Larry is making sense, those juices will be cooked way longer then they ever would be if they stayed in the chicken.

I hate when that happens.

I still wouldn't do it, but that's just me.

Thanks Bruce for defending me, I think?

But I gotta ask the question anyways. Why wouldn't you do it? Not trying to argue about it, but honestly there's not a valid reason not to do it as long as they go on at the same time. Again, I'm not trying to make this thread into a debate, I just don't understand the rationale?

I guess it's just that ingrained teaching that you don't mix raw poultry juices with anything. Your argument makes a lot of sense and I'm sure you are right, I mean if we are running grate temps at 240-260 then whatever juices are there and whatever bad stuff is in them, should be neutralized.

It sounds right. I think you're right though about not putting poultry above anything for short cooks.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well, I have nothing else to say other than what Greg said ~ I've always heard that you shouldn't cook chicken over other meats because of the drippings.

Maybe we shouldn't use chicken broth anymore, it was raw at one point too.. Or maybe we shouldn't eat chicken anymore, it was raw too..........AT ONE POINT!

I know we've done this one before. So let's get back to Larry choking his chicken, or whatever we started reading about.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Chicken-180F, Pork 160F USDA recommended temps to kill all bacteria. My.2 cents.

WTF is that supposed to mean Mr. Traditional BBQ?? I'm not an idiot, I know as well as everyone here on the board the proper temps to pull meat. WhoTF pulls their ribs at a specific temperature?? Chicken quarters takes about half the time to cook as ribs do. What's the problem? I know what I'm doing okay. YOU don't need to explain proper temps to me. Tell them to someone else who doesn't know any better okay?

If anyone wants to see how the contaminated ribs and chicken turned out, here's some pic's.

JFC!!
3.gif

8.gif

Let me re-state...I was just asking to double check, not start a coo-day-tah! Sorry for the hassel this created.

Secondly, no swearing! #-o

The Missing Link said:
Looks good as usual larry! what can you do with pulled chicken I know i'm asking a loaded question but i don't know?

Link, you eat it same as you would pulled pork. Either by itself or on sandwiches. Also is great in tacos, burritos, nachos, etc. Little leaner than pork as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom