if it looks like a burnt wicker stool - caution lots of pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GimpyMagoo

Discombobulated BBQ'r
it must be a FATTY!!!
with a side of smoked Brats and fresh from the oven bread.

the weave
1 lb bacon
20121006_141402-1.jpg

The Roll
50/50 pork sausage/80/20 hamburger
20121006_141435-1.jpg

The Peel

20121006_141925-1.jpg

the stuffin'
my pork rub, onions, taters, sharp chedder, mexican mix, and smoked sausage

20121006_144546-1.jpg

'nother stuffin'
Smoked sausage, onions, garlic, taters, sharp chedder, 4 cheese mexi mix, broccoli, more cheese
20121006_151432-1.jpg

The Roll

20121006_144814-1.jpg

The tool
foil over the ends of the broccoli Fatty to keep the cheese in

20121006_155018-1.jpg

The results
4 hours, 3/4 apple, 1/4 hickory, internal 155

20121006_181428-1.jpg

20121006_183246-1.jpg

20121006_183409-1.jpg

Time to EAT!!!

that is all

Last edited:
num-a-num are these good.
I've made the famous bacon burger explosion before and they are good but always left the family with what we call "The BBQ burp", means you can still taste the BBQ hours later.

This time I mixed 50/50 and lightened up on the smoke. Meaning used mild woods, ie: apple and no Mesquite. It made all the difference in the world.

This is the first time i've smoked Brats. Brats are my wifes favorite sausage. She's a retired Johnsonville employee after all.
Against her consternations I decided to fill the void in the smoker with a package. We'll probably never eat another grilled Brat again - wholy-freakin-sweet-tastin-heaven-in-the-mouth-hog-candy batman, are these delicious!!!!

I planned on making 4 Fatties but two pounds of thawed bacon disappeared somehow. Not strange in this house. A breakfast and a leftover pulled pork Fatty are next.

oh, the pan on the right is salt for the half empty smoked salt container.

Damn fine fatties Grimpy. Around here I have to use Turkey Bacon (I know, I know). Doctor say my cholesterol is a little high, so I have to cut down some. But damn why did it have to be bacon.

I feel your pain Max. a very good friend of mine survived a massive stroke years ago and is still recovering. I try my best to cut the fats - then along comes Atkins and the doc says it's all good... wth?

All I would like to see is a conclusive scientific study which can make an affirmative link between cholesterol in the diet with the same substance in the blood..veins arteries etc. My Grandpa and Grand Ma eat hawg lard out of bucket with a spoon and nobody they knew or hear tell of had plugged up stuff. Dont drink homogenized milk. That is the culprit. Goofy doctors who like to jog make up a bunch of this nonsense.

I feel your pain Max. a very good friend of mine survived a massive stroke years ago and is still recovering. I try my best to cut the fats - then along comes Atkins and the doc says it's all good... wth?

Back
Top Bottom