If...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

wdroller said:
If on subsequent cooks, I can duplicate the ribs I cooked today I'm gonna be one happy man.

The ribs came from BJ's and were fresher (expiration date 8/14 when I bought them on 8/4) and more evenly sized that those I've bought at Costco. So-o-o. I can go back to BJ's.

I used Worcestershire sauce and TXBBQRub 24 hours ahead and recoated with rub just before I put them in the smoker. So-o-o. I can do that again.

I was diligent in keeping the heat between 215 and 240 for four hours (red oak and hickory) before I put the ribs in foil and raised the heat to 240 for 1 hour. Keeping that 215-240 temperature range in an offset using only wood while the ribs were bare was a little harder, but I can do that again, I think.

I removed the foil and smoked them for 1/2 hour before I brushed pineapple jelly on for the last 1/2 hour, temperature 225 and falling. I can do that again.

After that.... Well, I don't need to tell you. But I do need to thank all of you who have posted help to those of use new to offset smokin'.

She took all the love that a poor boy could give her,
And left me to die like a fox on the run.

Sounds good! Just 2 questions.. Based on your cooking times, I assume they were loin backs? (2) Was that the original or Brisket Blend you used?

24 hours ~ I might just try that. :(

wdroller said:
If on subsequent cooks, I can duplicate the ribs I cooked today I'm gonna be one happy man.

The ribs came from BJ's and were fresher (expiration date 8/14 when I bought them on 8/4) and more evenly sized that those I've bought at Costco. So-o-o. I can go back to BJ's.

I used Worcestershire sauce and TXBBQRub 24 hours ahead and recoated with rub just before I put them in the smoker. So-o-o. I can do that again.

I was diligent in keeping the heat between 215 and 240 for four hours (red oak and hickory) before I put the ribs in foil and raised the heat to 240 for 1 hour. Keeping that 215-240 temperature range in an offset using only wood while the ribs were bare was a little harder, but I can do that again, I think.

I removed the foil and smoked them for 1/2 hour before I brushed pineapple jelly on for the last 1/2 hour, temperature 225 and falling. I can do that again.

After that.... Well, I don't need to tell you. But I do need to thank all of you who have posted help to those of use new to offset smokin'.

Sounds good! Just 2 questions.. Based on your cooking times, I assume they were loin backs? (2) Was that the original or Brisket Blend you used?

wdroller said:

wdroller said:
The Joker said:
wdroller said:

Yes, Original Blend. First time I've used Worcestershire sauce ( in the past I've used that only with beef) with pork. Reread my post. Total cook time 6 hours, 24 hours precook if fridge with first coating of rub. Spare ribs.

Ah-h-h. Pics. That's another story. I've had to buy a digital camera since you ass....s can't be satisfied without them. :) And getting them online is worse than mowing the lawn--and I mow 3.5 acres. I'm trying.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom