I love my neighbors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
They both work in food service. Matt came over earlier in the week with a huge slab of meat. Seems the cryovac split and he could not sell it to his customer. He asked if I could use it. :LOL: Turns out to be about a 27lb top sirloin. I cut the huge fat cap off this morning and lopped off a few steaks and wound up with about 18lbs on the smoker. I like Montreal Steak rub and so does the neighbors soooo....I popped open a beatiful Innis and Gunn winter beer and am enjoying the afternoon on the porch. Gonna have the neighbors over along with some friends from work and we will see how the evening goes!
img_246019_0_68f677c8839cfa8ae18da0055b8c4ad8.jpg

img_246019_1_c24583888221f1dda16dd341745e477c.jpg

img_246019_2_d92a496a8ed774c6b07553be7385a682.jpg

Wow Hornet...as my dearly deceased old Daddy would say...You have cut a fat hawg in the buttocks..Or defecating in tall cotton (I cleaned that up a bit for p/c purposes.) I lived next door to a Pharmacist for several years. Never had to go to the doctor just describe the symptoms and he start handing out free pills to cure it. Neighbors are wonderful folks. He is the one who convinced me to never under any circumstances to take any product containing acetaminophen aka Tylenol. If will have have your liver for supper and come finish it off at breakfast. If a person has pain or fever take aspirin unless they are on blood thinners..then you just got to tough it out or drink whiskey etc.

Nick Prochilo said:
How was that Innis & Gunn? I had my first this past summer and I'm hooked!
I got the 4 pack winter special. The beer blew me away, I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. It is just so different than any other beer I have had recently. I really enjoyed the rum cask. The original is pretty outstanding also. Hope I can get some more. The problem always seems to be that I get hooked on something special and no one ever carries it again :evil: . :evil:
Sliced and ready. Gave everyone a healthy bag of sliced meat for lunches and still have a brick of beef left to slice for myself. :mrgreen:
img_246037_0_7ac537fc9e364f37b966c177e404972e.jpg

Wow that looks good. Great job. I heard that high dollar yup beer can cause folks to grow large bouncy Mammary Glands guess its true.

Heck yeah. Nice score! Get yourself a meat slicer off Craigslist and them left overs will make a nice roast beef sandwich.

I bought one a while back and used it a bit. It was a home model. It became out of round and clumped the meat at the bottom. True PITA! I sliced a lot of my bacon with it though. I would love a real slicer but I doubt I would use it enough to justify the real estate it would take up on the shelf. I have a pretty decent knife that does a decent enough thin slice.
Never thought I would hear my wife say this but, she said "I think we are getting tired of beef". We had a few of the cut steaks last night on the grill, I cubed up a bunch of the smoked meat and made a cold mac and beef salad for lunch and made a pepper steak for dinner tonight. I guess it may be chicken night tomorrow!

Green Hornet said:
I bought one a while back and used it a bit. It was a home model. It became out of round and clumped the meat at the bottom. True PITA! I sliced a lot of my bacon with it though. I would love a real slicer but I doubt I would use it enough to justify the real estate it would take up on the shelf. I have a pretty decent knife that does a decent enough thin slice.
Never thought I would hear my wife say this but, she said "I think we are getting tired of beef". We had a few of the cut steaks last night on the grill, I cubed up a bunch of the smoked meat and made a cold mac and beef salad for lunch and made a pepper steak for dinner tonight. I guess it may be chicken night tomorrow!

I hate when that happens! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom