I Have Sinned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Forgive me barbecue gods, I have sinned. I bought 4 of these for the take out joint to cook on.http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=3342508 I'm going to mount them on a trailer with a 1/2 inch black iron gas line to fuel them. 2 -40 pound bottles will feed them and I will incorporate a 500 lb remote feed separate from the 2-40's. Now before you all jump me on this deal, let me explain. This is for profit, not for fame. Being a cheap SOB that I'am this set up will provide me with many hours of sleep, have less shrinkage on product plus I can hold product in them too. Sounds so crazy, it might work. In a perfect world a off set or better a pit using wood to coals would be great. But I live near Buffalo where barbecue has taken off in the last 5 years. Guess you could call me a barbecue whore. But fact is it's all about putting out a consistent product, and making money. Bottom line. The thing does turn out some decent product. BUT it's NOT like a piece of meat cooked over live coals. No foil needed. :LOL: (sorry Bill)

Sounds like the deal to me. You are in business for a profit and you must do what it takes to make that product efficiently. If you selected questionable products and/or sources, that would be a transgression worthy of criticism. When I come to Buffalo where do I find this inferior BBQ? :)

Went and looked at one of them gizmos yesterday. Looks purty kewlish. Thinking maybe it time you graduated up to a Southern Pride or Ole Hickory. Or maybe an electrified Oyler. You ever thought of getting that radical?

bigwheel

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Forgive me barbecue gods, I have sinned. I bought 4 of these for the take out joint to cook on.http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=3342508 I'm going to mount them on a trailer with a 1/2 inch black iron gas line to fuel them. 2 -40 pound bottles will feed them and I will incorporate a 500 lb remote feed separate from the 2-40's. Now before you all jump me on this deal, let me explain. This is for profit, not for fame. Being a cheap SOB that I'am this set up will provide me with many hours of sleep, have less shrinkage on product plus I can hold product in them too. Sounds so crazy, it might work. In a perfect world a off set or better a pit using wood to coals would be great. But I live near Buffalo where barbecue has taken off in the last 5 years. Guess you could call me a barbecue whore. But fact is it's all about putting out a consistent product, and making money. Bottom line. The thing does turn out some decent product. BUT it's NOT like a piece of meat cooked over live coals. No foil needed. :LOL: (sorry Bill)

bigwheel said:
Went and looked at one of them gizmos yesterday. Looks purty kewlish. Thinking maybe it time you graduated up to a Southern Pride or Ole Hickory. Or maybe an electrified Oyler. You ever thought of getting that radical?

bigwheel

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Send CASH BW! Then I can buy one. Old Hick is the way to fly.

I wonder if one of those would do the trick for the low temps needed for all of the Witt sausage things...?

Dave ?? Any thoughts ?

Dats, I do not know for sure about the tanks, but I bet he sticks with the "traditional" sized bottles. :P

Well I drug out my slide rule and did some cyphering on this deal. I have about decided if the old flying pig would figger out his propane outlay for a year and the expense of hooking up an array of the uninsulated Wally World Lazy Q's on a trailer he could prob come out ahead by talking the friendly banker/loan shark into letting him borrow enough to buy a Ole Hickory. It bound to be highly more energy efficient and such thangs. Also whut be going with all that grease which be generated by cooking all that bbq? I thinking maybe selling ho made perfumed lye soap on the side might be a good deal. That should work. Yups love that kinda stuff. Put the little bride in charge of that operation. That should be a good plan to keep ladies out of the Bingo Parlor etc. Somebody correct my thinking here. Thanks.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom