I hate this heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Today is BBQ day for me and likely the final cook on the offset. Cooked a butt, a brisket point for burnt ends (my first attempt and they are real good – pic below), chicken - whole, breasts, & wings, some bologna, a fatty and for dinner a Farmdog inspired homemade pesto stuffed pork loin – very good, pic below. But, I wish I were doing it in Minnesota rather than the 85F it is here - I may have to move to Canada or Maine for the summer – I think I’d rather cook in 20* than 85*.
img_190343_0_d6eab5fa4aff2556e27673ecc3419045.jpg

img_190343_1_573ca1d5a2032a47446c56b24db48c05.jpg

Looks good, what kinda wood did you use for smokin’ the ends. I really like a combo of oak and apple or maple and apple woods for brisket.

BD

You'd like it here in the summer. Is hot and sunny today -- 68* I can only remember two days in the 34 years I've lived in Anchorage that it got up to 80*.

Your food looks great.

Food looks great but, 85 deg aint hot! Try 100 in the shade @ 90% humidity

"I'd eat that! Best get a WSM, you don't have to stand around it ALL day! "
I have a new Stumps and will fire it up Sunday

"Looks good, what kinda wood did you use for smokin’ the ends. I really like a combo of oak and apple or maple and apple woods for brisket."
Today I used all oak cause I have a big pile of it.

"You'd like it here in the summer. Is hot and sunny today -- 68* I can only remember two days in the 34 years I've lived in Anchorage that it got up to 80*."
I think I would also and hope to get to Alaska in the near future.

"Food looks great but, 85 deg aint hot! Try 100 in the shade @ 90% humidity"
Yeah I know - can't understand why anyone would want to be further South than here

big dude said:
Today is BBQ day for me and likely the final cook on the offset. Cooked a butt, a brisket point for burnt ends (my first attempt and they are real good – pic below), chicken - whole, breasts, & wings, some bologna, a fatty and for dinner a Farmdog inspired homemade pesto stuffed pork loin – very good, pic below. But, I wish I were doing it in Minnesota rather than the 85F it is here - I may have to move to Canada or Maine for the summer – I think I’d rather cook in 20* than 85*.
img_190419_0_d6eab5fa4aff2556e27673ecc3419045.jpg

img_190419_1_573ca1d5a2032a47446c56b24db48c05.jpg

How come its the final cook? :shock:

can you buy brisket points separately? I'd love to just make
burnt ends....is there another cut of beef you can make
burnt ends with?

Captain Morgan said:
can you buy brisket points separately? I'd love to just make
burnt ends....is there another cut of beef you can make
burnt ends with?
I bought whole packers and the flats are in brine for corned beef, but since the local grocer sells just the flat and grinds the point into burger, he'd probably sell it to me. I'd just asked yours if that's what they're doing. This was my first time, but believe the point works so well because it has a lot of fat left after the brisket flat is just right. Don't know if other cuts have the same level of marbeling in them.

Back
Top Bottom