I got my WSM!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it really needs any immediate mods. I'd get a candy thermometer to stick through the top vent and you're ready to rock!

It's pretty much money out of the box.

Christopher said:
I don't think it really needs any immediate mods. I'd get a candy thermometer to stick through the top vent and you're ready to rock!

It's pretty much money out of the box.

I agree. I bought a therm and put it in the top vet thru some cork. That's it and that's all.

Oh wait...I lied. I made the Piedmont Pan, life is so much better!!!
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=piedmont

No mods to think of, but if you have trouble getting the temp to 225 quickly it may be because of the water. I have stopped using water in my pan and if I need to I take off the side door for a min or two to get the air moving.

Have fun! (like I need to say write that :oops: )

Thanks everyone. I want to burn coals in it. I dont have anythawed meat. I ate it all sunday after the beerfest in my driveway.....grin

Dude! Fill the charcoal ring, mix a few chunks of wood in with it, light about 15 of KingsFord's finest in a chimney starter, Light that bad boy Minion Method, throw a nicely seasoned butt on, and let her rip!!
Take lots of pics!
Congrats and good luck! 8)

Burgers! :shock:
There's gots to be a meat store still open !!
It's already thawed there! Go ....quick! ;)

I wonder how them burgers are going to taste after the 16 hour burn you are going to be able to get off of one ring of charcoal ? :LOL:

Im going to pick up somethin today from the store. Looks like ill be cookin in the rain. :( No big deal i guess I got a heater in my garage. Oh and the burgers were great! mmmmmmmmmm bleu cheese burger mmmmmmmmmmmmm
db

Hey Now! Ive got a 7.5 lb boston butt. Ill get pics later when i get home. Ill probably wait till tomorrow to cook it though. My Wolf Rub ought to be here then. (With a little luck).

I love mine. I put 8 butts on 2 WSM's last night at 7 and they are at 175 now. Nuthing like making money while you sleep. ;) They dont need any mods. I use a Maverick therm in the top vent ( www.wolferub.com ) and sand in the pan. Great buy. Lets see some pics.

Back
Top Bottom