I Foiled My Brisket and my Butts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greg Rempe said:
Bill TGG ALWAYS foils his butts and briskets in comps and catering jobs... :D

Well, Greg is 1/2 right but then again he is a 1/2 witt. I USE to foil my butts in comps. I still foil my first place, second place and 3rd place briskets. And I always foil my catering butts. Time is money for me. ;) They look good ISBBQ. Keep up the good work.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":22l97ghp]Bill TGG ALWAYS foils his butts and briskets in comps and catering jobs... :D

Well, Greg is 1/2 right but then again he is a 1/2 witt. I USE to foil my butts in comps. I still foil my first place, second place and 3rd place briskets. And I always foil my catering butts. Time is money for me. ;) They look good ISBBQ. Keep up the good work.[/quote:22l97ghp]

I thought he was 1/2 wrong!

Tony everything looks great!! Gotta do what you gotta do when time runs short!!! Nice job!

Remember the Carnal Rule...Have your pit temp set 60 degrees hotter than the expected terminal temp of the meat. You been listening to yankees too much on this low and slow stuff. They take a Scripture out of context then try to twist it up and form a religion out of it. Whut mo can be said?

bigwheel

ISBBQ said:
Hey y'all,

I did a catering gig last week that included brisket and pulled pork. The brisket was an 11-pounder and the two butts were 8 pounds each. About 12 hours into the cook at 225* to 230*, the brisket was at 170 and the butts were at 173. I knew I was going to run into a time crunch if I did not make up some time so I got out the heavy duty foil, double wrapped the brisket and the butts, reinserted the probes through the foil, cranked the heat up to 265* and let'em go. It only took a couple of hours or less for the brisket to reach 195* and the butts to reach 205*.

I always foil my ribs using 3-2-1 or some variation, but never brisket and butts. The meat was tender, juicy and the guest completely devoured the brisket! The pork went bye-bye too but not until the brisket was history. Here are some pics...

The Brisket...

The Pork...

I agree with BW, Hotter is how I do it. I never foil till holding.
Looks fine Isbbq

Seconding BW and JB, my best, consistent results:

1) Trim fat cap to 1/4", but no red meat showing.
2) Inject with beef stock/ red wine/ worcestershire, etc., mixture.
3) Instead of slathering, marinate 15 minutes (only) in a few tbs of equal parts red wine and worcestershire. The marinade will form a syrup. Pour off excess, and
4) Rub with salt, pepper, mild chili, onion, garlic, etc.
5) Put in 275 smoker (prepped with water and drip pans), fat side up.
6) At 5 hour mark (or half way), flip to fat side down.
7) Continue cooking at 275 until internal reaches 195 (about 1 hr/lb).
8) Wrap in saran wrap.
9) Hold at least one hour.
10) Nummy noises

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom