How Many Barbecue Books Do You Own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
My wife thinks that I have a problem buying BBQ books. I have over 30.
How many do you own. This will either confirm I have a problem or just a passion for learning the history and techniques of good Q.

Have another one on the way (Jack Daniels).

Kloset

4 here, but I do have a few other general cookbooks with bbq in them..

Five, and for those of you in Crystal Lake, IL who can't read, that's 5, and 3 grilling books. :D

Sue glad to hear that. For a minute I thought my wife might have a point!

So far (in no particular order) my favorite BBQ books are:

BBQ USA
BBQ Bible
How To Grill
Legends of Texas BBQ
Paul Kirks Competition BBQ
Smoke & Spice
Dinosaur BBQ
Thrill of The Grill
North Carolina Barbecue: Flavored by Time
Let the Flames Begin: Tips, Techniques, and Recipes for Real Live Fire Cooking

As you can probably tell I am slightly prefer grilling over smoking but only slightly. Something about cooking over a live fire that I partcularly enjoy!

Kloset

Kloset BBQR said:
... Something about cooking over a live fire that I partcularly enjoy!

Kloset
Gasser, eh? :shock: I like the convenience too. :cool:

We have a gasser. But I actually prefer charcoal grilling. I use the gas mainly in the winter. Helps melt the snow too.

Kloset

Bill you've never seen my flare ups! Now thats a live fire! Gives a whole new meaning to the Thrill Of The Grill!

Kloset

LOL! I see one every 5 seconds when I'm looking at one of your posts. :LOL: :LOL:

Niagara River Smoker said:
LOL! I see one every 5 seconds when I'm looking at one of your posts. :LOL: :LOL:

Now come on Bill. Every 5 seconds? That would be more like Woodman's speed. I don't hold a candle to him, the most prolific poster in the history of Q boards. I'm still struggling to get rid of Rube status! LOL! What's the magic number until I get to the next level? 50 or 100?

Kloset

Yepper, in your avatar! :LOL: :LOL: Yeah, Woodpost and FinnPost are hard at it!! Here's the breakdown before I Guested myself..

Kloset, I've only got three! I've only read one! Hey, I'm thinkin that we do our first dry run Friday 06/03- Saturday 06/04 at SmokeStock and let the attendees serve as judges! It'll be at Greg's house so it'll be a natural. What do ya think? Uncle Bubba?

Woodman said:
Kloset, I've only got three! I've only read one! Hey, I'm thinkin that we do our first dry run Friday 06/03- Saturday 06/04 at SmokeStock and let the attendees serve as judges! It'll be at Greg's house so it'll be a natural. What do ya think? Uncle Bubba?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Where's Bubba?

Kloset

BBQ'n is a highly addictive and contagious affliction! Your friends will thank you for exposing them.

Kloset

Back
Top Bottom