How do you keep it from melting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I'd be pissed off if it melted into the camp fire.... :(
http://www.bbq-tools.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=49
grizzly2007.jpg

Seems like a squirrel powered one would work. When the squirrel was done, you could eat him too. Not sure how to season though [smilie=sorry.gif]

Trekr said:
Seems like a squirrel powered one would work. When the squirrel was done, you could eat him too. Not sure how to season though [smilie=sorry.gif]

A good chicken rub should work well!!!!

Tim

I was pretty upset when I lost this..............

Luckily the supermarket has more of them :D

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
I was pretty upset when I lost this..............

Luckily the supermarket has more of them :D

Your lucky, we only have plastic shopping carts around here!
So I don't have to show the other pics huh? Whew! :LOL:

If I bought one of those I think I would invest in some stainless steel as a heat shield to protect the motor section from cooking itself. and maybe a small solar powered fan to blow on it all the time, (during daylight hours, with a battery back up for the evenings and nights). ;)

SoEzzy said:
If I bought one of those I think I would invest in some stainless steel as a heat shield to protect the motor section from cooking itself. and maybe a small solar powered fan to blow on it all the time, (during daylight hours, with a battery back up for the evenings and nights). ;)
All you need is a disposable pan with a hole in it for the shaft to go through and it would get hot at all.

That is also way too big of a fire for a yardbird that close. Nice bed of coals would work much mo betta. I just put a hand crank on that spit rod. Think thats how they done it back in da good old days.

bigwheel

I see guys roasting pigeons on the end of a stick over 50 gallon barrel fires in South Philly. I guess they spin the stick between sips of Thunderbird.

Sounds like a good plan. As far as I can tell they is just king sized doves. I have seen bumper stickers which say..Keep your City clean..Eat Piegons. The bumper stickers is real popular amongst the live piegon contest shooters. No Puff I am way too young to even remember the good old days let alone to have participated in the various rituals.

bigwheel

Ron Wiley said:
I see guys roasting pigeons on the end of a stick over 50 gallon barrel fires in South Philly. I guess they spin the stick between sips of Thunderbird.
WhoooaaaaaH!!! :LOL: :LOL:

My Fiance feeds the birds in our backyard. I like to wait until there are about a dozen or so hanging out on the ground feeding and then I let out Libby (our Doberman Pinscher). She has never caught one... yet. :twisted:

Ya know this is odd but I watched a show on TV yesterday called "Campfire Cooking." Guess it was on the Food Channel or another one similar (we just got a bunch of new channels when we switched over to satellite TV)..at any rate the old Cowboy helping with the cooking had a complete hand operated Rotess setup. He cooked three chickens on it over a nice bed of coals and give the spit rod a 1/4 turn each 15 mins. That should work.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom