Honey Glazed Ribs by Request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qjuju

Senior Cook
My Dad requested loin back ribs for his birthday and how can one say no to that request. I have been using a variation of APL's Honey Glazed ribs for the last 6 or 7 cooks now. The ribs came out tender and delicious. Sauce was serverd on the table for those that wanted it.

First a slather of mustard, water, worcestershire, and soy then a rub.
Ribs%25252029.jpg

Then smoked for 2 1/2 hours at 275 with some apple, wrapped with brown sugar and honey for another 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then rested for 20 minutes or so, a little more rub, and you have this.
Ribs%25252032.jpg

Ribs%25252035.jpg

Ribs%25252036.jpg

I didnt get any plated pics as we were all hungry and the sides were simple slaw and baked beans.

Thanks,
Juju

Looks good. Back in my old 3-2-1-1 days got to using honey in the wrapping liquid which also included apple cider and brown sugar. Noticed it tended to sorta case harden the ribs with a glaze of rock hard burnt candy tasting stuff. Made them real crunchy to the bite. Nearly know it was the honey which done it cuz when I quit using it the issue subsided. You ever run into that scenario?

bigwheel said:
Looks good. Back in my old 3-2-1-1 days got to using honey in the wrapping liquid which also included apple cider and brown sugar. Noticed it tended to sorta case harden the ribs with a glaze of rock hard burnt candy tasting stuff. Made them real crunchy to the bite. Nearly know it was the honey which done it cuz when I quit using it the issue subsided. You ever run into that scenario?

The mixture I have been using is 1 C brown sugar, 1 C honey, & 1/4 C apple juice... they are certainly sweet, but nothing crunchy or burnt going on. It is more of a 3-2 process so maybe it is the 1 that hardens them up. I also spritz them with a bit of apple juice and shake on some more rub before serving.

Dont think the crunchiness arose during the rest or glaze phase. I think it bound to have formed in the foil. Now I aint much of a spritzer so that might be part of my problem with honey. Glad you aint having an issue with it.

bigwheel said:
Don't think the crunchiness arose during the rest or glaze phase. I think it bound to have formed in the foil. Now I aint much of a spritzer so that might be part of my problem with honey. Glad you aint having an issue with it.

Well... lets see if I can match the vernacular. When these come out of the foil they as soft and jiggly as a chubby pole dancer. Well... how'd I do? :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom