Homecoming weekend cooks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Just got back from Wyoming(beautiful place!) and was dying to cook something.

Brisket on the Stumps:

And Super Bowl. Burgers with swiss cheese, bacon wrapped brussel sprouts, chicken breasts and a pot of beans:

I feel right at home now!

Food looks good. Bet your glad to be home. Wyoming weather look kinda bad for us Louisiana guys. What part of the state are you from.

Tannehill Kid said:
Food looks good. Bet your glad to be home. Wyoming weather look kinda bad for us Louisiana guys. What part of the state are you from.

Little north of BR.

Good looking brisket.

While a lot of people seperate the point from the flat, it looks like you are slicing the whole thing up. Unless I want burnt ends I have been doing that also. ;)

Cliff H. said:
Good looking brisket.

While a lot of people seperate the point from the flat, it looks like you are slicing the whole thing up. Unless I want burnt ends I have been doing that also. ;)

I just slice it till I get to the point and then cut it off and make burnt ends for yet another meal.

Looks real good Ron. That last pic looked like it was a little chilly up dare

Welcome back to decent weather. I hear about burnt ends, but am not sure how to produce them. Are they the trimmings that are they put back in the smoker for more cooking?

Rag said:
Welcome back to decent weather. I hear about burnt ends, but am not sure how to produce them. Are they the trimmings that are they put back in the smoker for more cooking?

Chop up the point and place in a suitable pan with some sauce and put back on the pit until they have rendered most of the fat. You can add the trimming in as well.

Makes excellant chopped beef sammiches!

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot ... -ends.html

This is the best sammich you will ever have!

Rag either cook at a higher temp, put you meat closer to the heat source or do a reverse sear trick to blacken the outside.
I Thinks thats what he mint Ron

ronbeaux50,

My Aunt lived in Baker for many years (40 or so years) now they live in Ethel, LA after building a new home a few years back. My cousin (her daughter) lives in Zachary.

It's a small world sometimes.

Here is my new mascott for comp Q

Seems like evrybody around here has a hanging chicken so the Mrs. picked us up a good luck charm.

And tonights ribeyes and stuff:

Back
Top Bottom