Him just a little guy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boozer

Sous Chef
The briskets I have been getting are all USDA Prime Nebraska beef, and they almost always land in the 13-15lb range, the exceptions are usually bigger. Then the other day I opened a case and discovered this 8lb 6oz bundle of joy! I generally trim away any unneeded fat to speed up the cooking process, and make the slicing easier. not this one, it cooked to 205 in 8 hours flat, and tasted awesome! wish they were all like that! (the brisket on the left is 13lb, for reference).

Attachments

• 20140316_104413.jpg
    20140316_104413.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 307
  • 20140316_104658.jpg
    20140316_104658.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 275
Nice........my last one was about that size"flat"....I made chili cheese nacho's with it.

I bought 2 cases of prime not ling ago, and they are smaller also.
Good eating, not what I was looking for for comps.
If they are slaughtered early, not sure if that's a good thing for pricing in the long run

I bought 2 cases of prime not ling ago, and they are smaller also.
Good eating, not what I was looking for for comps.
If they are slaughtered early, not sure if that's a good thing for pricing in the long run
I agree, the little ones aren't the best for comps, kind of throws off the timing, and you don't get those wide slices from the middle of the flat that look so sexy in the box. Plus there's not much point meat to work with. But for serving sammitches off a truck, the smaller the better, i burn less wood, and get more sleep!

9 lbs and down are popular or used to be..they change up the classifications too often for me to keep track. Some old codgers think the bigger the better. I accidentally got a case of 20's and up. 3 briskets in that case. Tasted good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom