High Heat Brisket & Baked Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokemaster

Senior Cook
5lb Brisket Flat. Baked Bean Recipe
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50945

Everything was great. Brisket under 5 hours. Great beans!
Yesterday
411_PIC_0656_1.jpg

411_PIC_0657_1.jpg

I love these bags!
411_PIC_0658_1.jpg

411_PIC_0659_1.jpg

This morning
411_PIC_0661_1.jpg

3 Hickory chunks
411_PIC_0662_1.jpg

She's waiting for the goodies
411_PIC_0664_1.jpg

My new table and firebox hooks
411_PIC_0665_1.jpg

411_PIC_0666_1.jpg

3.5 hours later
411_PIC_0672_1.jpg

411_PIC_0673_1.jpg

5hours
All done
411_PIC_0677_1.jpg

411_PIC_0678_1.jpg

411_PIC_0684_1.jpg

411_PIC_0680_2.jpg

The wife hates fat.:mad:
411_PIC_0683_1.jpg

Love my UDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that do look mighty tasty. Now let us begin this rodeo by alledging you aint got no brisket flat there..you have got whut is commonly called a nose off brisket..meaning it still got part o the point on it as is plainly seen in the pic. If you want to make one just cut it off along the hard yellow triangle hunk of fat which protrudes from the lean side. That cuts the nose off of it apparently. Now notice you is a prone to dirtying up a lot of useless untensils and apparently you a rich boy to be wasting them high dollar bags on this deal:) Now at whut time frame did you wrap it and did you add in liquid. Terminal temps etc? Thanks. Ya know I bought a case of nose off choice grade briskets from Sysco once upon a time. Dang them thangs were beautiful. Cooked up wonderul. One was so thick I did not turn it in at a cookoff because I dont think the judges would have believe it was brisket. It was at least 4-5 inches thick.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Wow that do look mighty tasty. Now let us begin this rodeo by alledging you aint got no brisket flat there..you have got whut is commonly called a nose off brisket..meaning it still got part o the point on it as is plainly seen in the pic. If you want to make one just cut it off along the hard yellow triangle hunk of fat which protrudes from the lean side. That cuts the nose off of it apparently. Now notice you is a prone to dirtying up a lot of useless untensils and apparently you a rich boy to be wasting them high dollar bags on this deal:) Now at whut time frame did you wrap it and did you add in liquid. Terminal temps etc? Thanks. Ya know I bought a case of nose off choice grade briskets from Sysco once upon a time. Dang them thangs were beautiful. Cooked up wonderul. One was so thick I did not turn it in at a cookoff because I dont think the judges would have believe it was brisket. It was at least 4-5 inches thick.

bigwheel
Thanks Bigwheel.
The military commissary marked it as a whole brisket. I knew that was wrong!
Just got the bags sent from stateside and decided to give it a try. Rich? :shock: No way!! :LOL:

Cooked at 300-350 for 4 hrs, foiled (added no liquid) for an hour, pulled off and rested in foil. internal temp was 200.

Captain Morgan said:
excellent...could you have put the beans under the brisket so
the drippings can add flavor?

Thanks.
Waiting for the weber lid to arrive, then I'll add a second grate.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Too funny. The dog looks a little nervous, If the wife finds out you posted that pic, your dead! :LOL:

Pigs
She knows not to get too close. I told her I was going to post it, she teases me about taking food pics all the time :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom