Hey...can I bum a smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Perfect day for cooking here on my little piece of earth. 81* and sunny!
7lb brisket flat untrimmed(Just a baby) slathered with a mix of woosty & mustard. Rubbed with Uncle Al's beef rub started fat side down and flipped after 3 hrs.. 4 lb. point trimmed & rubbed with mustard & Wolfe Rub Bold. Rack o spares rubbed with Blowin' Smoke rub. Started meat side up to set the bark. After 3 hrs. flipped meatside down.I'll flip back to meat side up to sauce.
At last check brisket is at 165* & point is at 157*

Reebs are sauced.
Point is about to come off. I'll cube it up on put her back on :D
Brisket at 179*

It looks great Puff, I was gonna do chicken & sausage today, buttt noooo frickin rain again. F$#% RAIN.

Sunny and 90 here and yes a great day to Q.
Looks good man!
mike

Well anybody who hard up enough to check the temp of a point obviously aint from Texas..also leave them spares meat side down the whole time sometime. Just call it an expuriment. Whut is this combo of wooster and mustart thang? Dont you know that get your ying and yang outta kelter? Can tell I'm gonna have to take you under my wing one of these days:)

bigwheel

Puff said:
Perfect day for cooking here on my little piece of earth. 81* and sunny!
7lb brisket flat untrimmed(Just a baby) slathered with a mix of woosty & mustard. Rubbed with Uncle Al's beef rub started fat side down and flipped after 3 hrs.. 4 lb. point trimmed & rubbed with mustard & Wolfe Rub Bold. Rack o spares rubbed with Blowin' Smoke rub. Started meat side up to set the bark. After 3 hrs. flipped meatside down.I'll flip back to meat side up to sauce.
At last check brisket is at 165* & point is at 157*

As far as my ying and yang getting out of kilter. I'm still workin' on that :shock:
As far as meat side down the whole time I feel the rub on the meat side(Where it counts) will run down into the oil pan. So I started them meatside up to ensure a good "clinging" of the rub material. Something else that will prolly get me taken to the woodshed.....I put some apple juice in the concaveness. I checked the point once for the heck of it 'cause she was still kinda' frosty in the middle.(Last minute brainstorm) That point prolly could have stayed on the cooker till Tuesday and still been tasty. ;) Thank you Uncle Big Wheel for your knowleege and ....uh.......support ;)
Anyhow.....ribs are done & the point has been cubed & put back on the cooker. :D
Too much sauce......hmmmm.......... 8)

Well......the ying is resting. The yang is still on the cooker.
I did sneak a bite though :D

Let us rest....... [smilie=pope.gif]

Looks great Puff....Nice job..
I've been doing ribs like Uncle Wheel says..meat down...been coming off good on Buford...today I screwed up...moved them around a little to much before the rub set.....and left a fair bit of it on the grates....I usually do like you do Puff...about an hour bone down for the rub to set and then flip...

wittdog said:
Looks great Puff....Nice job..
I've been doing ribs like Uncle Wheel says..meat down...been coming off good on Buford...today I screwed up...moved them around a little to much before the rub set.....and left a fair bit of it on the grates....I usually do like you do Puff...about an hour bone down for the rub to set and then flip...
It's a big difference ain't it??
According to Uncle Queasy :LOL:

Done!
Every rub, every different cooking technique worked out just fine :D
I'm full now......goodnight and thanks for everything :tired

Puff,

Excellent looking meal. Great job. Do you always flip you ribs? I put the ribs on the smoker bone side down and let her rip until they are done. Should I try and flip? Maybe I need to start another thread and ask that question (but not tonight).

Back
Top Bottom