Hey BOB IN FLORIDA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

23bbq

Assistant Cook
Hey bob can u give me run down of stump monster. How it cooks, how you like it, ect ect. I mean, I would like to know everything

Hey bob can u give me run down of stump monster. How it cooks, how you like it, ect ect. I mean, I would like to know everything
It cooks VERY well.;) Nice, pretty even heat across the grates and the mass of the tuning plates really evens out the spikes and drops with the ambient temperature spikes.

I haven't had the chance to fill it up with meat yet, and right now I can't move it out of the carport to cook on it because I have a trailer sitting in the way.:( So, right now I'm learning to cook on the Mini Stumpster and the 2 Stump's Stretches that are on the trailer (the Stretches are for sale so that the Monster will fit where they are presently on the trailer).

Here are a couple of pictures of my "Biscuit Test" on the Monster, showing the even-ness of the heat across the grates.

It's a little HOTTER on the firebox side (because I did NOT completely follow the directions for spacing the tuning plates at that side :(:(), and a little cooler in the front by the door, because the door is only 1" insulated while the rest is 2".

The mass of the 1/2" thick by 6" wide by 28" length of the tuning plates (6 of them) will let it hold heat for about 4 hours after the fire goes out.

I am missing it while waiting to sell the Stretches, but I intend to cook at least one hog on it between Thanksgiving and Christmas. :cool::partyman:

Last edited:
It cooks VERY well.;) Nice, pretty even heat across the grates and the mass of the tuning plates really evens out the spikes and drops with the ambient temperature spikes.

I haven't had the chance to fill it up with meat yet, and right now I can't move it out of the carport to cook on it because I have a trailer sitting in the way.:( So, right now I'm learning to cook on the Mini Stumpster and the 2 Stump's Stretches that are on the trailer (the Stretches are for sale so that the Monster will fit where they are presently on the trailer).

Here are a couple of pictures of my "Biscuit Test" on the Monster, showing the even-ness of the heat across the grates.

It's a little HOTTER on the firebox side (because I did NOT completely follow the directions for spacing the tuning plates at that side :(:(), and a little cooler in the front by the door, because the door is only 1" insulated while the rest is 2".

The mass of the 1/2" thick by 6" wide by 28" length of the tuning plates (6 of them) will let it hold heat for about 4 hours after the fire goes out.

I am missing it while waiting to sell the Stretches, but I intend to cook at least one hog on it between Thanksgiving and Christmas. :cool::partyman:

Only one Stretch left now. I sent you a check FedEx today!! Thanks BoB

Only one Stretch left now. I sent you a check FedEx today!! Thanks BoB
Got it, Thanks. I have someone coming to look at the other one tomorrow. Remind me, once again, which one do you want? Hinge on the right like 98% of the others built, or hinge on the left, a limited edition model? Oh, and wheels, do I need to get you wheels, or will you be mounting it on a trailer? (I have talked to so many people that expect me to give them away:confused::rolleyes::oops:).

:D:cool:;);)

Got it, Thanks. I have someone coming to look at the other one tomorrow. Remind me, once again, which one do you want? Hinge on the right like 98% of the others built, or hinge on the left, a limited edition model? Oh, and wheels, do I need to get you wheels, or will you be mounting it on a trailer? (I have talked to so many people that expect me to give them away:confused::rolleyes::oops:).

:D:cool:;);)

Hinged on the right if you are standing in front looking at the door

Hey BoB

We agreed to the hinge on right side. I assume the right side is if you were standing in front of the Cooker looking at the door the hinge would be on right. We also discussed wheels and you said you could get me some.

Thank you

Casey

:oops::oops:

That's what I thought that I remembered, but the old brain cells aren't what they used to be, AND all the tire-kickers that just wanna look and kick tires can get things confusing...Making sure I got it right!:supz:

BOB

Can you post pics of it? Left or Right doesnt matter to me as long as the price is right :)

Can you post pics of it? Left or Right doesnt matter to me as long as the price is right :)
Pictures of a Stump's Stretch (in general) or of this particular one? I don't have any, but is you are seriously serious, I can get some this weekend (I hope).
Like I implied in my last post, it is FOR Sale, not ON Sale. Reasonable price, but I won't give it away.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom