Here we go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Getting started on a long weekend of cooking! So far 7 fatties, 2 butts (for 8lbs pulled) and two 6.5lb briskets. Got the briskets on the Primo Jr and the butts and fatties on the Primo Oval XL. Tomorrow I'm cooking 4 turkeys on the WSM's, 4 racks of spares on the XL and two London broils on the Jr. I'm ready for a beer!!!

Yes you're correct that's not WRO on the butts, it's McCormicks BBQ Seasoning, I'll add WRO and Szecret Szauce once it's pulled.

Cliff it's okay. I was gonna add more sugar to it but decided not too since it's just butts.

I pulled the WSM's up on the deck for the turkeys tomorrow and they're nasty. It's cold out so I said screw it, I'll sacrifice a bag of Kingsford and burn them clean. So I loaded them up, added some wood chunks and fired them up! Gonna let them burn wide open until they burn themselves out. That should clean them pretty good.

Wow, you got a full day ahaead of you larry. Do you ever wet down the deck before BBQing? I started doing that lately.. Also, I used your WRB on some beef sweet breads yesterday and it totally ROCKETED to the moon!!! Good stuff yall!!!! More pics Larry!!

surfinsapo said:
Wow, you got a full day ahaead of you larry. Do you ever wet down the deck before BBQing? I started doing that lately.. Also, I used your WRB on some beef sweet breads yesterday and it totally ROCKETED to the moon!!! Good stuff yall!!!! More pics Larry!!

I don't normally wet it down before cooking but I will pour a bucket of water around where I was cooking before I go to bed if it's late.

Hey Larry... from lookin at that pic. I wonder if the birds in that tree have ashma from the smoke.... [smilie=a_doh.gif] [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Fatties are done, I'm gonna let them thoroughly cool then into the freezer and then into the vacuum bags! Vacuuming them without sealing them would crush the sausage :!:

Got the briskets into the foil at 165*. The pic I took is the fat side so there wasn't much caramelization, but on the meat side there was nice barkage. I'll pull them off the cooker at 190*, let rest, then cool and into the fridge overnight. I'll slice cold tomorrow and then vacuum seal.

Butts are moving very very very slow, only at 127* now...... I may have to "Bill Small" the butts at 165* :shock:

Fatty's are sealed and in the freezer! I also "Smalled" the butts, I'm in a hurry today cause I gotta get right back at this tomorrow morning with the turkeys, ribs and London Broil. So far everything is turning out great. I tried a piece of the bark with the McCormicks BBQ Rub and I gotta say it's pretty good after it's cooked. Out of the bottle alone, I don't like the smoke flavor. But it works great for a mass rub, I'm still gonna give the butts the Wolfe Rub and Szecret Szauce treatment after pulling!

Puff said:
Why so much food dude?
Stockin' up for the winter?

This is why we always stray off topic..people aren't paying attention. Hey Puff, how many members does it take...oh never mind...

Lookin' good Larry..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom