help selecting a bbq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wesley1769

Assistant Cook
Hi all!! i am currently looking to purchase a bbq grill. I saw one at sam's club ( kitchen-aid model number 0826) that looks really good. what i really like about it is the large 1057 cooking surface. i have big parties in the summer and a lot of family to entertain. it is nice to bbq a lot of food at once and have everyone eat together. i also don't like to stand at a bbq cooking all day while everyone has fun. however i heard lots of good things about the weber grills (specifically the genesis e-310) it got great reviews on the home depot website. i want a grill that is going to last and based on the reviews everyone seems to love the weber. my only issue is i feel like the cooking space on the weber is to small to cook a lot of food. any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

One of the main reasons the Webers are so popular here is durability. Personally I have a Weber Genesis Silver which is still going strong after 12 years. The grill you mention looks nice, stainless steel always does. How many people do you typically cook for? I have never cooked over an infrared burner but have seen and heard people on this forum discuss them, Surfing Sapo used one a number of years ago and liked his. A few years ago I cooked for 50+ people at a family reunion using 2 medium sized grills and had no problems. If you are cooking food hot and fast, it isn't very hard to run a lot of food through the grill in a short time. If you use the grill for just yourself and family firing up that many burners seems excessive and might cause you to use the grill less. If the Kitchen Aid is what you like, pull the trigger but please come back and give us an update!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom