HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Yall that cook alot for alot of folks might can help me here , in 2 weeks I have 16 friends coming over for the Martin Luther Kking weekend . Niki and I are handleing the Saturday night dinner , which by request is pulled pork , the question I have is how many butts do yall think it would take to feed all these folks , mind ya some are heavy eaters like me so what do yall think?? Niki is doing slaw and desert . And just for the record I didnt get the WSM`S yet they are back ordered :(

I would do 2 lbs. a person minimum....... as Nick says..........ya can always freeze it! Nuthin' like a good plate of leftover Q on a lazy day.

When you say "heavy eaters" do you mean they eat 2 cheeseburgers at your BBQ's OR they still look for more after the 3rd one? If the later is the case , you might want to go with the 2lbs. per.

I have also noticed that good Q tends to dissapear TWICE as fast when you do an off season cook. Heavy eaters or not.

Is PP going to be the only meat?

Smokey_Joe said:
I would do 2 lbs. a person minimum....... as Nick says..........ya can always freeze it! Nuthin' like a good plate of leftover Q on a lazy day.

When you say "heavy eaters" do you mean they eat 2 cheeseburgers at your BBQ's OR they still look for more after the 3rd one? If the later is the case , you might want to go with the 2lbs. per.

I have also noticed that good Q tends to dissapear TWICE as fast when you do an off season cook. Heavy eaters or not.

Is PP going to be the only meat?

Burgers let me say this , these folks can eat 3 tripple whoppers , a exlarge drink , exlarge fries , and then want desert !!!
Yep Pulled pork is all they wanted , thinking of putting in some sauages in as well , my single barrel offset 55 galon drukm grill can hold at least 4 to 5 butts at one time .

Bryan S said:
wittdog said:
I'd do 4 butts....but I get mine at BJ's and they come 2 to a pack...
Good point. I get mine there also so i'd do 4 also. [smilie=a_happyme.gif]

To all who answered let me say thanks , all yall are great . This is the best board , you can ask any food or bbq question and get fast answers.

If you want to end up with one pound per head start out with two per head before cooking. For 16 people I would smoke 32 pounds of pork, just about two doubles from Sams. Make plenty of cole slaw, beans, and garlic bread.

Back
Top Bottom