Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Momsalot1973

Assistant Cook
Can I put a rub on ribs, cook them in the oven one day and then heat them up and finish them off on the grill with bbq sauce the next day?

Welcome to the forum! Yes, you can do that. Some caterers do the exact same thing. Make sure you get the ribs cooled down quickly on the first day for food safety.

What both of them said.

I'd think that they'd taste better if you cooked them in the smoker/on the grill first then reheated them up in the oven though.

Sam the Cooking Guy - Sticky Sweet Ribs Just don't drop them like he did,

You could always boil them first then finish them on the grill. Somebody will probably slap you if you did that though!!

My preferred method is to smoke them, let them cool for a couple of hours then fire up my charcoal grill and finish them on there. I usually have a few smoked racks that are vacuum sealed in my freezer. I think these racks taste better than the ones we eat that were smoked the same day.

Sounds like a great plan V. One of my old comp cook vending pals would not serve a bit of brisket or butt which had not sealed and frozen for at least one day prior to the thaw and reheat. He thought it gave higher quality. Then there is also the rumor of the winning brisket at the big LSBS cookoff in Meridian a few years back..which had supposedly been in the winners freezer cooked an sealed from five years earlier. Now I never personally developed any fondness for pre cooked and re-heated ribs but sounds like your way might just work.

Back
Top Bottom