has anyone ever been to Huntington, wv rib fest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggo

Cook
has anyone ever been to the Huntington, wv rib fest?

Well I went last night, great setting, cool evening, right on the Ohio river, sun starting to set, picture perfect.
I took my boat as I have in the past, there is a place to tie it up, and go get some ribs!! Yea boy!

Only problem this year, they don't want you to tie up, now you have to understand there is maybe 50-100 boats out in the Ohio, with people wanting to buy ribs, but they(the event organiziers) don't want us.
I eventually got to aplace I could get off my boat to go buy a $20 slab of St Louis spares, but I was told I had to pay to get in, well no problem there,. here is my $5. No sir you have to walk all the way around to the front entrance, which is about 1 mile away, and pay, HUH? All I want to do is support the ventors, & try some ribs- no, go walk around

so I do, get 1 slab and somehow make it back to my boat, and they were good. ( I usually buy 2-3 slabs)

so tonight, I taking my own, have 4 slabs on the Traeger right now (which would have cost me $80) taking my boat, my guests, and we'll have our own rib party. Thanks for the vent! What would you do?

http://www.bigsandyarena.com/rib/

I would have told the guy to kiss my butt and left! I bet your ribs were better than the $25 rack you got and alot less effort!!

Back
Top Bottom