Happy Solstice brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Happy Solstice to all. Starting tomorrow the days will start getting longer. Right now I'm getting 5.5 hrs of daylight. The towns in Alaska north of the Arctic Circle have had no sunrise for the last 30 days.

To celebrate the solstice and the Holidays I put on 2 briskets at 8am. I'm trying the high temp quick cook most recently chronicled by Scotty. More pics later.

Disclaimer to bigwheel: Just because I celebrate Solstice does not infer that I am a heathen pagan. It means I winter in the northern latitudes.

Actually, it's a mix of WRB and wittdog's brisket rub. But I have some of Fatz's pig powder I'm willing to trade.

ScottyDaQ said:
Nice Griff.

Hey, I thought you said you had some snow? :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Scotty, that's the deck. I keep it shoveled so I can get to the WSM, grill and BGE. BTW, those are moose tracks in the yard.

Well surprisingly I remember the Solstice thang from last year. Now think that rolling nekked in the snow might be a good plan. Should skeer off any Witches or Space Aliens which happen to be out prowling:)

bigwheel

Lookin' good Griff!

Just because I celebrate Solstice does not infer that I am a heathen pagan

Nothing wrong with being a heathen... 8) Will be doing a Yule "blot" with my family tonight. Hail Odin, Baldur, Frey and Thor! (yeah, I even have a drinking horn for mead that a fellow Odinist made me)

I teach my kids about their ancestry (Norse/Scandinavian) because they are constantly bombarded with other folk's heritage. Figured I'd check into it starting when my daughter came home from school wishing she was Mexican or Indian because they have all sorts of culture. F#@% that!
:twisted:

Oh boy...a real live Heathern that gonna need some help to be pulled back away from the Flames. This is a good job for The Hound of Heaven. He specializes in pulling po lost sinners back from the edge ya know? He is also sometimes called the Holy Ghost. Praying hard on this end that the Father will lead you to His Son and the Hound will hold you back in the meantime.

bigwheel

Tony M said:
Lookin' good Griff!

Just because I celebrate Solstice does not infer that I am a heathen pagan

Nothing wrong with being a heathen... 8) Will be doing a Yule "blot" with my family tonight. Hail Odin, Baldur, Frey and Thor! (yeah, I even have a drinking horn for mead that a fellow Odinist made me)

I teach my kids about their ancestry (Norse/Scandinavian) because they are constantly bombarded with other folk's heritage. Figured I'd check into it starting when my daughter came home from school wishing she was Mexican or Indian because they have all sorts of culture. F#@% that!
:twisted:

I'm making Solstice Bread right now. Biskets later to hang in trees. Got a bottle of Mead, but won't use the horn (hate the taste of toe nails) but got my goblets at the ready. Steak is on the menu tonite. :D

Looking good Griff.
You ever walk out your door and come face to face with one of those moose? :shock:

Well let us hope Griff do not get into the path of a randy male of the species. I watched a movie on U-tube one time which showed whut one of them crazy critters was doing to the buffalo statue. Now that was sick.
Now Dat's I know your just teasing. It very hard to find atheists in fox holes or so I heard:) I think if them was real bullets whizzing over it would even be hard to find an agnostic down in there. Now could one find any worshipers of ancient Norse gods? I don't know. Some of em no doubt take it mo serious than a cancer. Maybe akin to the sewercidal fervor of the Arabs. Who knows? Now I have had several hot tips that when it comes time for them to actually take the plunge toward the Virgins they aint quite so pious and looking forward to the trip...if you get my drift..wink wink.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Oh boy...a real live Heathern that gonna need some help to be pulled back away from the Flames. This is a good job for The Hound of Heaven. He specializes in pulling po lost sinners back from the edge ya know? He is also sometimes called the Holy Ghost. Praying hard on this end that the Father will lead you to His Son and the Hound will hold you back in the meantime.

bigwheel
Wrong holiday BW...everyone knows ghosts are a halloween theme..

You outta watch the movie called a "Christmas Carole" sometime. It was writ by somebody famous. The animated version was a killer with Mr. Magoo posing as old Scrooge or some other equally impotent character. I dont watch much cartoons but that was a good one. Now this do not count Sponge Bob. I love that one. Anyway..the classic book/movie/cartoon is full of ghosts. You need to like we said at Graham to folks with strange thoughts "go have your haid examined" :LOL:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom