Happy Solstice brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first hour with all vents open had the WSM running at 400*. So closed down the bottom vents to about one half and the next 3.5 hours at 350*. An additional hour at 350 in foil and like butta. They are now resting in the cooler for dinner.

Griff said:
The first hour with all vents open had the WSM running at 400*. So closed down the bottom vents to about one half and the next 3.5 hours at 350*. An additional hour at 350 in foil and like butta. They are now resting in the cooler for dinner.

Can't my WSM over 340* ever, even with lump. Maybe its the altitude here or I got a defective cooker :LOL: Looking forward seeing your finished product.

Griff Griff Griff...try the electrified Brinkmann Gourmet. Electricty does not require to be drug in by dawg sled etc. When it Springtime in Alaska it's forty below ya know? Johnny Horton. It dont need a flippy the switch setting. Just plug it in and come back later. Throw a few chunks of Yuniper down in there. Make a person think they might be a Yumpin Yimminee. Let me know. I have preached enough about the merits of the upside down barrells too much. Now is anybody listening? Of course not. You buy em books...send em to school and they chew on the book covers...sorta like my cousin down at Graham.

bigwheel

DATsBBQ said:
Griff said:

Can't my WSM over 340* ever, even with lump. Maybe its the altitude here or I got a defective cooker :LOL: Looking forward seeing your finished product.

Could be the altitude. I'm about 100 feet above sealevel with cold dense air. Sometimes, my problem is getting the WSM below 250*. I suspect my seals and dor are also leaky judging by the smoke leaking out.

bigwheel said:
Griff Griff Griff...try the electrified Brinkmann Gourmet. Electricty does not require to be drug in by dawg sled etc. When it Springtime in Alaska it's forty below ya know? Johnny Horton. It dont need a flippy the switch setting. Just plug it in and come back later. Throw a few chunks of Yuniper down in there. Make a person think they might be a Yumpin Yimminee. Let me know. I have preached enough about the merits of the upside down barrells too much. Now is anybody listening? Of course not. You buy em books...send em to school and they chew on the book covers...sorta like my cousin down at Graham.

bigwheel
Bigwheel how high in temp will that brinkman get to? I've got one but have never checked the temp on it. Used to throw the turkey on it at Thanksgiving and just hope it was done the next morning :LOL:

Lookin good so far....I'm glad I live in South Louisiana, I couldn't handle that 3* thing one bit, it's bad enough when it gets below 40*!!

I'll post the finished pics when I get home from work. I took the pics but "circumstances" prevented me from posting last night.

Well I aint never bothered to check it but but a chum who used to have one measured it one time and he said it was 290 which from as quick as it cooks would say is a purty good estimate maybe even on the low side. Not sure how cold it have to get to need to use the barrell insulator. I used it last time and really didnt need it. Was a bit kewlish with an occasional spattering of rain.

bigwheel

Tannehill Kid said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel
Bigwheel how high in temp will that brinkman get to? I've got one but have never checked the temp on it. Used to throw the turkey on it at Thanksgiving and just hope it was done the next morning :LOL:

Griff said:
I'll post the finished pics when I get home from work. I took the pics but "circumstances" prevented me from posting last night.
Attack of the Beefeater? :LOL:

Puff said:
Griff said:
Attack of the Beefeater? :LOL:

Yep.

OK here's the finished pics. I have to say the smoke ring and bark didn't look as good as a tradition slow and low cook, but they taste every bit as good.

Hey Griff just noticed you got the shiney side in on the tinfoil. Good job. Lot of folks mess up on those fine details like that one.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom