Happy Solstice brisket - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #11

Ooohhh................okay?

Old 12-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
Wizard of Que

Griff if it was that cold here I would do a fast high temp cook too. Looks like you off to a good start.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #13

The outside temp is +3*.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #14
Cooker

Lookin' good Griff!

Quote:
Just because I celebrate Solstice does not infer that I am a heathen pagan
Nothing wrong with being a heathen... Will be doing a Yule "blot" with my family tonight. Hail Odin, Baldur, Frey and Thor! (yeah, I even have a drinking horn for mead that a fellow Odinist made me)

I teach my kids about their ancestry (Norse/Scandinavian) because they are constantly bombarded with other folk's heritage. Figured I'd check into it starting when my daughter came home from school wishing she was Mexican or Indian because they have all sorts of culture. F#@% that!
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
Official BBQ Central Mark

Oh boy...a real live Heathern that gonna need some help to be pulled back away from the Flames. This is a good job for The Hound of Heaven. He specializes in pulling po lost sinners back from the edge ya know? He is also sometimes called the Holy Ghost. Praying hard on this end that the Father will lead you to His Son and the Hound will hold you back in the meantime.

bigwheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
Wizard of Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M
Lookin' good Griff!

Quote:
Just because I celebrate Solstice does not infer that I am a heathen pagan
Nothing wrong with being a heathen... Will be doing a Yule "blot" with my family tonight. Hail Odin, Baldur, Frey and Thor! (yeah, I even have a drinking horn for mead that a fellow Odinist made me)

I teach my kids about their ancestry (Norse/Scandinavian) because they are constantly bombarded with other folk's heritage. Figured I'd check into it starting when my daughter came home from school wishing she was Mexican or Indian because they have all sorts of culture. F#@% that!
I'm making Solstice Bread right now. Biskets later to hang in trees. Got a bottle of Mead, but won't use the horn (hate the taste of toe nails) but got my goblets at the ready. Steak is on the menu tonite.
DATsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #17

Looking good Griff.
You ever walk out your door and come face to face with one of those moose?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #18

Well let us hope Griff do not get into the path of a randy male of the species. I watched a movie on U-tube one time which showed whut one of them crazy critters was doing to the buffalo statue. Now that was sick.
Now Dat's I know your just teasing. It very hard to find atheists in fox holes or so I heard I think if them was real bullets whizzing over it would even be hard to find an agnostic down in there. Now could one find any worshipers of ancient Norse gods? I don't know. Some of em no doubt take it mo serious than a cancer. Maybe akin to the sewercidal fervor of the Arabs. Who knows? Now I have had several hot tips that when it comes time for them to actually take the plunge toward the Virgins they aint quite so pious and looking forward to the trip...if you get my drift..wink wink.

bigwheel
Old 12-21-2008, 02:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Oh boy...a real live Heathern that gonna need some help to be pulled back away from the Flames. This is a good job for The Hound of Heaven. He specializes in pulling po lost sinners back from the edge ya know? He is also sometimes called the Holy Ghost. Praying hard on this end that the Father will lead you to His Son and the Hound will hold you back in the meantime.

bigwheel
Wrong holiday BW...everyone knows ghosts are a halloween theme..

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #20

You outta watch the movie called a "Christmas Carole" sometime. It was writ by somebody famous. The animated version was a killer with Mr. Magoo posing as old Scrooge or some other equally impotent character. I dont watch much cartoons but that was a good one. Now this do not count Sponge Bob. I love that one. Anyway..the classic book/movie/cartoon is full of ghosts. You need to like we said at Graham to folks with strange thoughts "go have your haid examined"

bigwheel