Happy Easter - Hams.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Did one for us and 1 for the neighbor.

Larry's Butter Rum Recipe then I topped it with pinapple and cherries...These pics do not do it justice. The plated one is ours. Damn is it good.
img_216604_0_ae30e9605561e7ad0d8bf691b6624dee.jpg

Looks Great I'm going to have to try that on my nest ham. Can you post the recipe for the butter rum glaze?

Thanks everyone! I havent lit my smoker in a few weeks... It felt good to walk out to a clean smoker and dirty it all up again! Did 6 racks of ribs, 1 brisket (I just took off) and those two hams.

Recipe is:

1 stick margarine
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dark rum
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan.

2. Bring to a boil.

3. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.

What a great and simple recipe.

Wow that looks awsome. Any suggestions on time or temp? Is that a spiral cut or whole ham? I want to try one even more after looking at that beauti

Slow Poke BBQ said:
Wow that looks awsome. Any suggestions on time or temp? Is that a spiral cut or whole ham? I want to try one even more after looking at that beauti
Spiral cut ham. Cook it face down or pin it together with skewers or it will dry out. Temps were 225 - 240. These went face down in a 1/2 foil pan and were covered with foil till I added smoke.
I cooked hams to roughly 150* degrees. Then I added smoke, then I added glaze. I removed all of the juice in the bottom of the pan except 1/4 inch and then I added some glaze to that mix. Damn was it good. pics dont do justice at all,

Back
Top Bottom