Had To Try The Parkay Brown Sugar & Honey Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I figured with all the water cooler talk about the Parkay,brown sugar and honey ribs seen on Pitmasters that I would try them out myself to see how good they are. I have to say that I enjoyed them. All the talk about why the judges like them in competitions seems to be simple. Reminds me of a that piece ham you have on your holiday plate that is swimming in the gooey goodness of the candied sweet potatoes. Who doesn't have a fond memory of that in their mental file? I didn't have to hurry either for turn in so they did dry a little on the ends. I am not sure how you boys hit that window because if timing were everything these wouldn't have made it.

It's never as easy as they make it look. :D

The players.

ribingredients.jpg

Getting the mad mixture on

rib3.jpg

Off the grill swimming in the sweet sweet goodness

rib2l.jpg

Ready to eat
platef.jpg

All in all I thought they were pretty good. If you like your ribs sweet then you have to try these out no doubt. If your a spicy fan only make sure to kick up the sauce at the end and they will still be on the money.

Wow those look great. I gave it a shot a couple weeks ago and liked them, but not enough that I'll do them that way again. Made a huge mess when I unwrapped one rack, syrupy mess all over the table;-) Nice looking cook RTB and good pictures, thanks for sharing.

Gotta remember that comp recipes are meant for people that have attended a class on what to expect Q to be. They get one or two bites to get their opinion. Most Judges have a definite sweet tooth. It's usually not something that you would serve to a crowd.

They look awesome tho!

What brand of Ribs were those? Anything with "Moist & Tender" on the package would make me think they were enhanced.

I saw some fellas' glaze with Parkay at a little rib burn a few years ago.
They tasted good.
I'd eat them bones.

Sure looks good..I have to try it out before I can say I like the flavor... Good job!!!

Back
Top Bottom