Griff Loaf on a Frogmat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
For my first attempt at the "Famous Griff Loaf" I stuck to the recipe Griff posted a week ago. The only problem was some of my onions went a little beyond golden so it looks like I have bug in my raw loaf. I started with the loaf on parchment paper, but wanted to put my new Frogmat http://tinyurl.com/y97dccr to the test so put the loaf in the freezer for 30 minutes and then pealed the paper off and put the loaf right on the Frogmat. I put the loaf on when the pit temp was 200° and it took about 45 minutes to get up to 300°.

Thanks Griff for a great recipe. I made this because of the great sandwiches posted recently, but I'm not sure this will even make it to a sandwich. It's pretty good just plated up with a little ketchup.

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 573
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 580
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 575
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 590
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 580
  • PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 577
Thats a fine looking piece of meat! The mess thats left on the grates would have been there without the frogmat. How was that thing to clean?

Nick Prochilo said:
Thats a fine looking piece of meat! The mess thats left on the grates would have been there without the frogmat. How was that thing to clean?

Nick clean-up wise I think the parchment paper would have been better for this. I guess I can see using the Frogmat for fish and veggies, but I will have to clean the grate and already cleaned the Frogmat in the sink. It is very flexible and I just rolled it up and pit it in a sink of soapy water and then rinsed. I may cut this in half and use half on my OTG for indirect cooking, according to the directions you should not put it directly of the fire or direct heat.

Glad you liked it. The parchment paper trick makes clean up easier, and doesn't have the loaf sitting in grease the whole cook. I think it was a Canuk, Shawn White, that first posted usiing parchment paper on the WSM with a loaf.

I can see where that Frogmat would work great with fish or veggies.

Griff said:
Glad you liked it. The parchment paper trick makes clean up easier, and doesn't have the loaf sitting in grease the whole cook. I think it was a Canuk, Shawn White, that first posted usiing parchment paper on the WSM with a loaf.

As opposed to parchment paper?

Nick Prochilo said:
Griff said:
Glad you liked it. The parchment paper trick makes clean up easier, and doesn't have the loaf sitting in grease the whole cook. I think it was a Canuk, Shawn White, that first posted using parchment paper on the WSM with a loaf.

Nick one advantage was I was able to pick up the Frogmat and move the loaf off the WSM, it is almost like a silicon screen. If you were doing veggies it would be like a grill basket and much easier to get a bunch of asparagus or broccoli off the grill and then plate it in the house. Just a thought.

bbquzz said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Griff said:
Glad you liked it. The parchment paper trick makes clean up easier, and doesn't have the loaf sitting in grease the whole cook. I think it was a Canuk, Shawn White, that first posted using parchment paper on the WSM with a loaf.

Nick one advantage was I was able to pick up the Frogmat and move the loaf off the WSM, it is almost like a silicon screen. If you were doing veggies it would be like a grill basket and much easier to get a bunch of asparagus or broccoli off the grill and then plate it in the house. Just a thought.

To me it looks like my rib rack, just something else to try and clean. I have SS trays for cooking veggies on the grill and I've never had a problem with fish. When I'm all done cooking, the least amount of cleanup I have to do, the happier I am!

Well think I have finally figgered out whut is a frog mat. Looks excellent. Thanks to Griff for the recipe.

bigwheel

Now I know what to do with all my old traps.. Thanks for the great idea... The loaf ROCKS!!!

Buzz, Nick has hated the frogmat from the beginning...for no good reason...so don't let him hate on you for using it or giving your opinion on what it would work well with...he's old and bitter!

Greg Rempe said:
Buzz, Nick has hated the frogmat from the beginning...for no good reason...so don't let him hate on you for using it or giving your opinion on what it would work well with...he's old and bitter!

and smart!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom