Got me a Griddle/Wok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

txpgapro

Sous Chef
My new grill/wok that I had made got seasoned late last night using my jet engine weed burner. :lmao: I burned off several layers of peanut oil, wiping it down with more peanut oil while the wok was still warm. I let the wok cool down and then repeated the process for about 5 coats. After seeing Redneck Cookers I knew I just had to have one. Went to the local Case Tractor/Farm Implement dealer and picked up a solid disc for $25. Went across the street to the Gebo's and picked up 5 horseshoes for $6.25. Took the stuff to my golf course crew and had them weld it together. Tipped the guy $10 for the 10 minutes it took him. Good buy and a great deal! I can smell the fajitas already!

Kind of like a old Speed Queen Wash inner tub from the early 70's washer The hole has to be welded up but boy howdy can that thing cook on a turkey buner! The disks we get around here need a hole welded shut and have made a great wok over the years, Not sure about the horse shoes, Nice thinking.

Yea Mike
Never saw a disk with out a center hole
I welded one closed and welded a chain on
at 3 points now its a Bird feeder

Mike: How did you burn the paint, powder coat off from it? Powder coat is some tuff stuff! Turkey burner and let it rip? Most implent repair shops have gone to powder coat and they have a hole in them, I have never seen a disk with out a hole, I can get them 18 inches in diameter but they have a 1 inch hole in them for mounting on a disk rig.

I used my propane weed burner on the disc after rough sanding what I could. I've got so many coats of oil on it now that I'm not worried about it. Will probably get some pork fat or bacon to burn in it next. When I asked the kid at the Case dealer about a disc without a hole, he new exactly what I wanted and what for. He siad he had made himself one just the week before. This one is 22" diameter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom