Got a new smoker.....and it's raining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That thing is Bad Ass. I'd be out there with a patio umbrella over it smoken away. Looks like a craigslist buy. What's the story?

no, there's a board that a lot of the teams on the South Carolina comp circuit hang out on.
Some guy got a Lang and his wife did the old "you've got to get rid of something" routine.
It's well used, I'm at least the third owner, but I paid less than half price of a new one,
plus he just replaced the therm and one of the gaskets.

I've been wanting a cabinet for a while, and I just couldn't turn down this price.

WSM's are for sale.

I thought about putting up the EZ up, but this is actually a thunderstorm, and while
it's fairly warm, it's pretty windy and the rain is supposed to be all day.

Might do a short smoke tomorrow.

the one I have is called The Party. It can hold 8 to 10 butts.
I'm gonna put a base or maybe a wagon under it so I don't
have to bend down so much. Really like the front door feature
vs. the wsm's access from the top.

Gettin' older you know....

I've heard nothing but good about the Backwoods, your gonna be real happy........as soon as you man up and use it! ;) :D

Can't wait to see pix of the first cook. BTW, what will be the break in meat?

Congrats on a great find!

PS Send the rain our way, dry as a bone here. :(

maybe ribs, but probably chicken and sausage. Rain is supposed to be gone by tomorrow.
Found a pic on the camera from the grill to hold you over till tomorrow.. :)

Good get CM, I was thinking the old man bending over thing before you said it. A real old guy like me really needs one, but I'd better improve my cooking skills before I get anything else. BTW the MB commercials showing in Ohio right now make it sound like it never rains :LOL:

actually Nick I'm retiring from comps and I'm trying to sell the trailer,
both wsms and everything as a package. If I can't, I'll let you know.

Jim, if there's ever a better time to try out a new smoker it's in bad conditions. Run to the store and get a family pack of thighs and lets rock! I'm with you on the competitions, they're for steers and queers. No offense Finney......

Great acquistion Cappy. Congrats. Wonder if you might could set that pup up on a 55 gallon barrel. How much do it weigh etc? Maybe throw some cinder blocks inside the barrel to keep it from tipping if it come a typhoon or something.

Doesn't Finney "Hawk" a cabinet smoker?
Nice score Jim. Were those onion rings?

Puff yes Onion rings.
BW, I'm gonna try to find a garden wagon to set it up on,
if not, cinder blocks or pavers is the plan,
Larry, since the gang all drifted away, I haven't it enjoyed
it much, and everyone knows how much work and money
it takes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom