Gonna try some Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
I had bought two of these pork loins. I was going to stuff them, but the wifey said one would be enough. So I am trying a Back Bacon. Been in the fridge since Friday. Here is how it looked before going in. I used Ooompappy recipie.

Rubbed and ready for the big chill

Going to throw it on the smoke later tonight or first thing in the am. Check back.
;.

I made some a few weeks ago with the same recipe, that was some good stuff =P~
Still got some in the fridge show some pics when you get it done =P~
Pappy was right about the cornmeal, it really added some crusty brown bits in the fry pan :grin:

Yeah but if ya notice it is all out on the porch.The Queen bee willonly let me have the Hornets nest outside! See no likey cigar smoke! This is what I will be sleeping in if I don't behave.

It is almost finished. Trying to figure out how to put the BBQ in the Galley

lol, reminds me of a little Scotty camper we had when I was growing up, not much bigger than that. Slept a family of 5 till I got about 8 or 9 years old and had to sleep in the station wagon!

It was a fun lil project for me and the boys. It has a coleman gas stove in the back and sleeps the 3 of us comfortably. I am sure we will outgrow it soon enough. Only cost about $900 to make out of a 4x8 harbor freight trailer and a bunch of oak plywood. it only weighs about 800 lbs so it can be towed with the Healey

Sorry bout that, back to food. Made some cornbread for dinner tonite!

I had a big can of the corn meal left over from the bacon cook so I thought I might give it a try.

Man you got all the toys :!:
No fair :tant:

Hey Hornet my bike would go with your camper.

Bacon looked deeeelishios =P~

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom