Gonna have another review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
Unity said:
Nice thread, Nick, good looking BBQ. :D

--John 8)
(I'm inspired to try some of the same when my Wolfe Rub order gets here.)
John head to the store and get some meat!! I shipped your order out Saturday morning, with you being so close I'd be willing to bet you get it today!
You would've won that bet, Larry -- it came in today's mail. Thanks!

--John 8)
(You were right too, Chris -- my ET-73 got here 2 days after I ordered it from thegadgetsource.com.)

Well try it sometime after they has been quaffing a few. Pour it all into plastic cups and number them on the bottom. Think you will be surprised at the results. Had one fella up in Wilbarger County who could only pick out Lone Star cuz it made his ulcer hurt worse than the others. I think it the formaldhyde or something which is responsible for stuff like that. Now I speaking of commercial available Americkan suds here of course. Aint never tried it with ho made beer. Now if you some kind of beer making judging afficionado I take all this back of course:)

bigwheel

DATsBBQ said:
BigWheel wrote:
Most folks cant figger out which is Pabst and which is Coors lite.

bigwheel

OH PLEASE :LOL: Sugar water VS near-beer.

Larry Wolfe said:
What's on the menu tonight??
I'm not sure, Larry, my mother-in-law is letting me take the night off. :D

Something with chicken breasts, southern style green beans, corn on the cob, and little red potatoes.

--John 8)
(Maybe I'll sneak a sprinkle of Wolfe's Rub on the chicken. ;) )

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":2mikrl6b]ummm... southern style green beans.

Okay, Ill bite, what's southern style green beans?[/quote:2mikrl6b]
Well, what my m-i-l does, she breaks 3 or 4 lbs of beans into about 1-1/4" lengths (or so), tears a piece of bacon in half and lightly cooks it in a Dutch-oven-size pot, adds the beans in layers, lightly salting and peppering each layer, adds water to barely level with the beans, and cooks the heck out of 'em, checking every now and then to make sure they're not scorching and covering the pot toward the end, and cooking until you can't see the water anymore without tipping the pot. Newer beans you don't have to cook as long.

--John 8)
(Good stuff. :D)

Captain Morgan said:
those are beans, the green kind, cooked down here in the south. :LOL:
Oh, Almost like Yankee Green Beans

Unity said:
Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":petphu8r]ummm... southern style green beans.

Okay, Ill bite, what's southern style green beans?
Well, what my m-i-l does, she breaks 3 or 4 lbs of beans into about 1-1/4" lengths (or so), tears a piece of bacon in half and lightly cooks it in a Dutch-oven-size pot, adds the beans in layers, lightly salting and peppering each layer, adds water to barely level with the beans, and cooks the heck out of 'em, checking every now and then to make sure they're not scorching and covering the pot toward the end, and cooking until you can't see the water anymore without tipping the pot. Newer beans you don't have to cook as long.

--John 8)
(Good stuff. :D)[/quote:petphu8r]

Thanks John!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1htvcxyj]those are beans, the green kind, cooked down here in the south. :LOL:
Oh, Almost like Yankee Green Beans[/quote:1htvcxyj]
Her parents and her older siblings moved from Barren Co KY to Boone Co IN by horse-drawn wagon in 1916. She learned all her basic cooking from her mom, so I should probably have said "southern-Kentucky-style." ;)

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom