Gonna Cook Today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I haven't cooked in over a month and am finally gonna cook a rack of spares and a 5lb Turkey breast today.

Brined the breast last night and I'm getting ready to trim the ribs now. I hope to have them on by noon. I'm doing them both at the same time, as some of you already know I do my turkeys low and slow unlike most people do them at a higher temp. I don't care about the crispy skin so the higher temp does not benefit me. I'll post some pics later.

Bruce:

1. OFF TOPIC
2. Why would you say something ludicrious like missing that avatar...here it comes!! (finds dark glasses)

Okay pit temp is at 230* and the bird is at 99*. Got everything going about 45 minutes ago. Bird on top, ribs on the bottom. Gonna pull the bird at 160. Foil the ribs at 3 hours with a little pineapple juice for about an hour and a half and then finish unfoiled on the top rack.

Turkey and Ribs

Thanks guys! The turkey was very moist! I used a packet of the cherry pellets along with a couple chunks of hickory. (not a big fan of cherrywood). Ribs are almost done, I'll post some pic's as soon as they're done.

Larry, the ribs look moist and delicious...and by GOD...you make the best looking turkeys I've seen!! GREAT JOB! :D

Thanks guys for the compliments. I think these were the best ribs I've ever made. Tender, moist, sweet, spicy, the meat had a nice pull to it but came off the bone clean. I used a new addition to my finishing glaze and added one additional ingredient to my rub that made a HUGE difference. I'm gonna try it a couple more times to make sure it wasn't just this one cook that made it taste so good.

Back
Top Bottom