Going to be a long nite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was INSANE!!!!!!!!!
The poppers were WAY too hot for almost everyone. The ones who liked them, liked them alot. :!:
The Pork came out good. The namby-pambies that didn't like the ABTs were afraid of the bark, "It is brurnt!". Once we got passed that it magiclly disappeared :eek:
Way too much beers and shannanigans going on for pics.
I am writting this from Gadsden , Alabama right now, how I got here I am not too sure. #-o There is a couple nice lil BBQ joints on the main drag and yer cub reporter will get back with yall later.

Green Hornet said:
I am writting this from Gadsden , Alabama right now, how I got here I am not too sure. #-o
:grin: :grin: :grin: Glad it was a good time! :(

It's the Alabama specialty. Chris Lilly has a joint that serves it.
It's available in many stores there. Used to be made with raw eggs,
now mayo and vinegar are the main ingrediants.

Green Hornet said:
I am NOT going to ask for that until I know what it is. It sounds creepy!
Here are a few examples:

Alabama White BBQ Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise
2 to 4 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp freshly grated or prepared horseradish
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
MAKE AHEAD The sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

Alabama White

1 clove garlic
1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp fresh thyme
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp grainy mustard
1 cup mayonnaise
coarse pepper

Alabama White II

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cider vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp coarse pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne

Alabama White III

3/8 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
Combine first four items. Gradually whisk in lemon juice and vinegar. Blend until smooth.

Never did find the sauce. But now that I am back I found out this made the paper. When I said it was an insane party. Well this is what happened. Glad I got outta Dodge when I did :eek:
Home › News › Local News
Martin sergeant on paid leave after incident at PSL party

Updated at 3:44 p.m.
June 5, 2006
STUART — A Martin County Sheriff's Office sergeant has been placed on administrative leave with pay pending an internal investigation following "an incident that occurred at a private party in PSL," sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Jenell Atlas said Monday.
No other details involving Sgt. Ken Nilsson were available from the sheriff's office or Port St. Lucie police, and his sheriff's personnel file was also unavailable.

Advertisement
"There are no public records at this time," Atlas said.
Thats all I remember...honest :!:

Green Hornet said:
Never did find the sauce. But now that I am back I found out this made the paper. When I said it was an insane party. Well this is what happened. Glad I got outta Dodge when I did :eek:
Home › News › Local News

June 5, 2006
STUART — A Martin County Sheriff's Office sergeant has been placed on administrative leave with pay pending an internal investigation following "an incident that occurred at a private party in PSL," sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Jenell Atlas said Monday.
No other details involving Sgt. Ken Nilsson were available from the sheriff's office or Port St. Lucie police, and his sheriff's personnel file was also unavailable.

Advertisement

To the best of my recollection.....

Bryan S said:
[quote="Bruce B":1n1htbi6]You may think she's used to it and you might think she understands, but trust me they all still think that we're a bunch of f%$#@*g idiots for taking pictures of food to post on the internet. Deep down...they do!

Furthermore, when it gets right down to it, some, not all mind you, but some, think we have absolutely lost our f&*%$%g minds to stay up all night tending our pits and actually cooking something that might take 14-20 hours to cook.
They really do!
Bruce Buddy, Nail hit on head. My wife and stepdaughter think i have lost my fuc!&* gord for taking pics of BBQ more than i can count on my fingers and toes. :)[/quote:1n1htbi6]

Count another wife that thinks I'm nuts for taking photos of Q, of course I will have her read this thread because she doesn't believe everyone on here does it.

Green Hornet said:
Home › News › Local News

June 5, 2006
Sounds like we know were John Pen has been :razz:

Advertisement

brian j said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":16s7nbp9][quote="Bryan S":16s7nbp9][quote="Bruce B":16s7nbp9]You may think she's used to it and you might think she understands, but trust me they all still think that we're a bunch of f%$#@*g idiots for taking pictures of food to post on the internet. Deep down...they do!

Furthermore, when it gets right down to it, some, not all mind you, but some, think we have absolutely lost our f&*%$%g minds to stay up all night tending our pits and actually cooking something that might take 14-20 hours to cook.
They really do!
Bruce Buddy, Nail hit on head. My wife and stepdaughter think i have lost my fuc!&* gord for taking pics of BBQ more than i can count on my fingers and toes. :)[/quote:16s7nbp9]
My wife supports the practice. When she remembers............

Count another wife that thinks I'm nuts for taking photos of Q, of course I will have her read this thread because she doesn't believe everyone on here does it.[/quote:16s7nbp9]
ditto. my wife thinks i'm crazy. guess we're all crazy. :)

i think nick is the only one who's wife openly supports the practice. or at least that's what he sez. :!:[/quote:16s7nbp9]

brian j said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":2q0z6ssx][quote="Bryan S":2q0z6ssx][quote="Bruce B":2q0z6ssx]You may think she's used to it and you might think she understands, but trust me they all still think that we're a bunch of f%$#@*g idiots for taking pictures of food to post on the internet. Deep down...they do!

They really do!
Bruce Buddy, Nail hit on head. My wife and stepdaughter think i have lost my fuc!&* gord for taking pics of BBQ more than i can count on my fingers and toes. :)[/quote:2q0z6ssx]

Count another wife that thinks I'm nuts for taking photos of Q, of course I will have her read this thread because she doesn't believe everyone on here does it.[/quote:2q0z6ssx]
ditto. my wife thinks i'm crazy. guess we're all crazy. :)

i think nick is the only one who's wife openly supports the practice. or at least that's what he sez. :!:[/quote:2q0z6ssx]

Yup she does! She usually helps set the pictures up. One of my cooks our neighbor was over for dinner. She's an interior decorator and she even helped set up the pictures that night. Just tell them they can't eat until the pictures are taken.

Back
Top Bottom